Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Your starting XI with Adam Lallana in the squad

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
This although I think we will be looking for a left back who can double up as a wide attacking threat like Lamptey

5de268a3359ab66a6e23e2b02e3ede9e.jpg

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Ryan
Webster Dunk Burn
Lamptey Bissouma Stephens March
Lallana Mac A
Maupay​

Could easily be:
White in at CB, Trossard in for March, or invert the 2-1 up front with Lallana in behind Connolly and Maupay.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Love these formations putting Burn at LWB :lolol:

Are you trying to kill the poor fella ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
This with a signed Propper replacement and maybe White in for Webster if he is indeed that good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The OP stipulated a match this weekend, White is still at Leeds, Alzate out injured and no Propper replacement has yet been signed

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Starting XI for next season.

-------------------Ryan
----------Webster Dunk Burn
Lamptey Bissouma Alzate March
------------------Lallana
------------Connolly Maupay

Walton, Montoya, White, Stephens, Molumby, Trossard, MacAllister, Mooy, Gyokeres

Assumes 9 subs, no more signings, all fit and we sell, Izquierdo, Duffy, Propper, Bernardo, Gross, Ali J, Murray, Tau

White has to wait for his chance. Harsh on Trossard I know

Last edited:

Shins

Aug 13, 2015
This is very hard. Making it harder by including injured and returning loan players.

4-3-3

GK: Ryan

Defence: Lamptey, Webster, Dunk, Bernardo

Midfield: Bissouma, White, Alzate - (White middle of the 3 and Bissouma to the right to help cover Lamptey marauding forward)

Forwards: Lallana (RW), Maupay, Trossard (LW) - I've put lw/rw but both very narrow and roaming around

Pains me to leave out Propper but Bissouma has done so well and Alzate I think is our most talented prospect. Mac's day will also come after a full season bedding in. I'm convinced White will make an excellent DM.

As someone already said, I'm glad Potter has to choose this on a Saturday. We haven't even signed anyone else yet! The club will be making some very hard decisions and some very good players unhappy in the positions they're looking to upgrade. Exciting times!

*EDIT* - If I'm doing it properly as per the OP I'm changing it to 4-2-3-1 (White at Leeds and Alzate injured)

Ryan

Lamptey, Webster, Dunk, Bernardo

Bissouma Propper

Ali J, Lallana, Trossard

Maupay

Last edited:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
What is Lallana best position. Wide central or no 10

In terms of the difference he can make to our side, his best position will be in the midfield three, rather than the forward three.

He's essentially a Groß / Mooy upgrade, rather than a Trossard upgrade.

I would not be at all surprised to see him positioned at the base of the midfield, controlling tempo.

Fred Oliver - Legend

Jul 20, 2005
Valley Park
In terms of the difference he can make to our side, his best position will be in the midfield three, rather than the forward three.

I would not be at all surprised to see him positioned at the base of the midfield, controlling tempo.

That’s all I can think of too, he won’t be quick enough to play out wide anymore, he’s probably not good enough to play behind the striker, I see him more of an upgrade on Dale, probably coming on for last 20min to help sure up a game if we are winning. Actually the more I think about it the more I’m not that sold on his signing. Is he a match winner? Not now, is he good enough to be the creator? No don’t think he is in he premier league now. Has he the pace to unlock a defence? No. He would of been a great signing if we had of gotten relegated, but as it is Lallana is probably a sub to bring on at the end to try and hold the match.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

That’s all I can think of too, he won’t be quick enough to play out wide anymore, he’s probably not good enough to play behind the striker, I see him more of an upgrade on Dale, probably coming on for last 20min to help sure up a game if we are winning. Actually the more I think about it the more I’m not that sold on his signing. Is he a match winner? Not now, is he good enough to be the creator? No don’t think he is in he premier league now. Has he the pace to unlock a defence? No. He would of been a great signing if we had of gotten relegated, but as it is Lallana is probably a sub to bring on at the end to try and hold the match.

Massively disagree.

He's absolutely 'still good enough' to be the number 10. Comfortably.

But we have decent players, in Trossard and MacAllister to play there (if we play one at all, rather than 2 up front). My point is that he will make MORE difference in the midfield.

Something I learnt very early through youth / school / senior football, is that you are best served setting up your team such that your best player(s) see as much of the ball as possible.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Not sure about this weekend, but first game next season I'd envisage:

Ryan
Webster Dunk White
Lamptey Bissouma Alzate Burn/Bernardo/NewLWB
Lallana
Connolly/New striker Maupay

Depending on recruitment/retention of course.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
AJ????!!! - are you sure? - in centre midfield??, im hoping Ajax or someone takes him off our hands and we cut our losses

No, he was a high goal scoring attacking midfield player in Holland. He has a fantastic touch and vision and in my view would be a more attacking option than propper.

I am not good at 'formations' but I know a good player when I see one. Shoving Ali J out on the wing is only slightly less stupid than shoving Murray out on the wing (and I've witnessed both).

My main maveric pick was Alzate on left midfield. That's probably a step too far. Overall however we have a fluid squad now and can switch it hugely during a game so it would make better sense to 'suggest three good line-ups'. We do not have a 'starting eleven' that is the same for every game any more. That's loser thinking :wink:.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes

:lolol: 33 England caps! Perhaps not good enough to play that role at Liverpool, but at Brighton? I think so.

Others have noted how fantastic Wayne Bridge looked in the twilight of his career, having not played regularly for years. Sure, that was in the Champ, but I think we will notice a similar step up in class with Adam.

Rambo

Don't Push me
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Worthing/Vietnam
I think our priority now should be to find a new LWB in the Lamptey mould. Burn is just not good enough in my opinion. I don’t see why he adds to the team.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here