Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your SECOND favourite sport after FOOTER

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I dont believe what I am reading with some of the most boring sports going like Formula 1 and cycling. My favourite obviously is football followed by and I am not sure in which order Boxing and Cricket. Cant see the point of ice hockey just loads of blokes looking for a fight if thats what they want do it properly and take up boxing.

i can only presume that with such a joke statement you have never before watched a game of ice hockey
Welcome to BG's sporting dictatorship.
Scotty I have never watched an Ice Hockey match, but I would never be so bold a to slate the sport YOU love.

As for cycling, as an event.
To have men riding bikes I can buy from my local shop, up Europe's highest mountain passes, which are open roads, whilst being cheered on by 250,000 people, all set against some of the greatest scenery in the world.
There's nothing finer.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Athletics/Tennis/Cricket

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
DARTS...Which i happen to be pretty good at, closely followed by
GOLF...Which i happen to be pretty bad at!

FlownWest

Aug 10, 2010
Cricket
Snooker
Basketball

In that order. Could probably throw motorsports in there somewhere... but cricket is definitely second favourite.

Cricket, rugby union, rugby league, then pretty much all of the rest of the team games roughly the same (except American football which is rubbish), cycling, then pretty much all of the other non-team sports (except golf, which is an abomination). The only 'sport' I dislike more than golf is horse racing.

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
i also forgot i occasionally watch nba and nfl, but dont really follow a team. in terms of teams in sports im interested in......
nhl - montreal & toronto
f1 - force india & mclaren
cricket - sussex
rugby - england and sometimes follow bath

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Welcome to BG's sporting dictatorship.
Scotty I have never watched an Ice Hockey match, but I would never be so bold a to slate the sport YOU love.

As for cycling, as an event.
To have men riding bikes I can buy from my local shop, up Europe's highest mountain passes, which are open roads, whilst being cheered on by 250,000 people, all set against some of the greatest scenery in the world.
There's nothing finer.

SB, surely you mean could buy rather than can buy. Unless you have received a substantial pay rise. :p

Like you I count the Albion seperate from football as a sport.

The Albion
Cycling
Cricket
Snooker
Football
American sports except Basketball
Tennis
Rugby in both it's forms

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
SB, surely you mean could buy rather than can buy. Unless you have received a substantial pay rise. :p
Kind of.
My point is, I could buy an 'F1' bicycle, there hanging up in the window!, but I could never buy an F1 car.
Not to mention the fact, I'll never play at Wembley/Twickenham/Lord/Lambeau, but could very very slowly ride up Alpe D'heuz.

One day, the Time RXR VIP will be mine!

Last edited:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Horse racing and cricket equally.

I love all sport though, except tennis which is shit.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Cricket's getting a lot of votes. Do people genuinely love cricket then? I only know a few people who would fit that category. Everyone else I know are similar to me in having only a passing interest in the game. I follow the results and will occasionally go to sussex. The only cricket that I have any real interest in is the ashes and that's mainly down to the aussies making it a cracking rivalry.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here