Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your proudest achievement

Oct 2, 2008
A wife and family I owe so much to and a business I have put so much into. That aside, having been inside both the White House and No 10 Downing Street is something not everyone can claim to have done.

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
Running the New York marathon (my first) in 2000 the Elimination of Leukaemeia fund in 3.53 raising about £4k for the charity and then phoning up my dad from a phone box next to Central Park to tell him how I had I done.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Good for you my friend, I'd recommend adoption to everyone. Before we started the whole process I too wondered wether I would really feel like a proper father to adopted children, how wrong I was. My boy was 19 months old, our daughter was 7 months old when they moved in. They were both tiny and vulnerable little things and I love them absolutely and unconditionally. They are both bright, funny clever little characters, my boy has just finished his first year at school and had a glowing report from his teacher and headmaster. And to think that before he came to us he was written off as unadoptable.

You sir, are a f***ing hero!

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
Some great stories on here.

For me it is being able to raise the money to fly out to Kenya and work in a school in Kibera. This is the slum that 4 celebrities (Lennie Henry, Reggie Yates, Angela Rippon amd some Eastenders Woman) went to for Red Nose Day and a documentary was made. I was only out there 10 days, but was one of the most eye opening experiences I would imagine you can go through. I had to go through a selection process, and a few that were selected didn't go in the end. If I had the money, I would go back tomorrow, but unfortunately I don't

When you hear some of the selfish things people say these days in England, I always think about the children in Kibera and just how lucky we are. They are so happy, even though they have literally nothing. I could go on forever about how much I enjoyed it, but I won't! :)

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Not sure it TECHNICALLY counts as my proudest achievement but... Blimey!it's half one in the morning and I've just seen meself on BBC Four, large as life and twice as young and slim, onstage with Jimmy Saville! Freaky or what?! Check out Top Of The Pops: The Story Of 1977 on BBC iPlayer, 5 minutes before the end! :lol:

Winning the £5 prize for bread making at the local flower show in 1977 when £5 was really £5 and other first prizes in the show were 25p. Beat off lots of top opposition and the judges were so surprised that the prize card has a clumsily scribbled out "Mrs" on it. That and the standard children thing.
Yeah!

... says the grower of the longest runner bean grown in a cottage garden in Glynde, Beddingham or Firle, in about 1981.

Somewhere I have a certificate.

On the other hand ... I am really ASHAMED of neglecting my garden produce, to the point at which stuff like runner beans grow to such ridiculous sizes that they turn out to be inedible.

Jul 20, 2003
hitting my 40s and still being totally irresponsible yet at the same time utterly reliable

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Like many having my wife and two kids though I suppose these are still very much works in progress. Staying positive in the first six months after being diagnosed with MS is pretty high and the constant vigilence of making sure it doesnt touch my children's lives.

Some may find it strange but the BIGGEST achievement (which also is down to my kids) is deciding to move here in autumn 2006. In July 2006 my wife found out that her father's heart condition had deteriorated tot he point that nothing more could be done with him. I then proposed that we move to Turkey so my wife could be with her father and perhaps having our then baby around would give him reason to live. Here we are in 2012, with another little one and even though his heart is less than 15% working , he is still with us.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I shall be soon let loose on a local school during my PGCE.
Nice one Baz.
Apologies in advance if I end up in a class with your offspring.
No, I apologise. If you end up in a class with my offspring I shall print your posts here and complain to the school before any damage is done :D

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
got to be the turn around from forming a company that in the first year of trading discovered a lot debt, i worked solidly over two years to significantly change the business operations and now to for my business to be one of the top 5 leaders in the industry. I am proud to have gone from rock bottom with no help from any banks, no qualifications from school or university, I learned every thing i know from researching the internet, Still bad grammar and what ever, but I'm proud! to go from thousands and thousands of pounds in debt to turn it around to make tens of thousands, this is my proudest achievement so far, still young though this is just the start!!
Good going, and especially with the recession, it can't be easy selling VCRs.

Leaving school with no gcse's, being a big druggie and drinker with no future prospects. Having crap jobs like McDonald's, labouring etc...

Then going back to college when I was 25, am now an aircraft engineer for British airways.
Note to self, never fly BA again.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Fu-ck having kids,so it's not my achievement :lolol:

Becoming a manager of a thriving company and started off as just a van driver.
Passing my driving tests for the car and my class 2.
Shagging fu-ck loads of birds was also great:clap2:

Also i help paying my single mums bills at her house and contribute to many things,im just to good for planet earth at times.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Sorry to sound so sentimental but I just looked in on my 2 children fast asleep. My wife and I adopted a brother and sister 3 and half years ago, my boy is now 5 my little girl is now 4, and no matter what I do in my life from now on, it will be nothing in comparison to my 2 kids.
What's the thing your proudest of

Now thats the sort of thing that makes you feel good on a Sunday morning almost brought a tear to my eye mate. Bloody well done you and your wife !!!!!!

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
I get EVERY star on Angry Birds, thrown a 180 at darts and done 100 keepy uppies. Honestly though, raising £18,000 for charity in last 4 years. Hoping to make it to £20,000 this year. But couldn't have done it without the amazing help of Brighton and Palace fans

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here