Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your proudest achievement

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
Sorry to sound so sentimental but I just looked in on my 2 children fast asleep. My wife and I adopted a brother and sister 3 and half years ago, my boy is now 5 my little girl is now 4, and no matter what I do in my life from now on, it will be nothing in comparison to my 2 kids.
What's the thing your proudest of

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
aye, again the kids...I cannot think of much which would top that.

emphyrian

May 25, 2004
Woodingdean
As a child the proudest moments would be achieving all the awards through scouting, culminating in meeting the Queen at windsor when i achieved my Queens Scout Award. As an adult it would have to be my children and the fact that my son is now just starting beavers and is football mad. My daughter is going through the temper/attitude 3year old stage but is a natural swimmer who can do a length of a pool by herself already

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
I can wipe my own arse. I'm pretty chuffed I mastered that after 18 long years.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
I should preface this by saying he deserved it so completely that both he and his girlfriend thanked me, that it was at the tail end of a very long night, and that I did aim to catch him in the solid area at the back of the jaw to avoid knocking any teeth out, and that I do not condone violence. That said

Punching my friend in the face, spinning him through 360 degrees, followed by him saying "that didnt..." while collapsing onto his arse before he could say "hurt" where I left him for a few minutes before having to support him most of the way back to where we were staying. Then a few weeks later he went to the dentist and found out I'd cracked one of his wisdom teeth.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Ah. Probably finishing my degree, whilst losing much of my hearing. Would have been easier if I had sought help, but a period of denial and being stubborn meant I didn't. Gave up going to lectures in the second and third year as they were just painful to sit there and not hear/understand anything. Getting a Bishop Desmond has convinced me I am a decent teacher, so I shall be soon let loose on a local school during my PGCE. Apologies in advance if I end up in a class with your offspring.

I seem to have beaten my depressive stage, thus far, so I'm happy about that.

Sporting wise, scoring all 21 runs needed, at number 11, to secure an unlikely victory against Worth Abbey. Stump grabbing/crowd bundle tastic.

Last edited:

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada

albiongirl

Jul 10, 2003
mileoak
My amazing little boy who never fails to make me smile. On his first away trip to Ipswich last season after Vicente scored he looked around stood up arms aloft and sang Albion! Albion! He is 4rys old loves football and the ALBION. Very proud mum.

Last edited by a moderator:

del_boy

Jul 3, 2012
BN1
got to be the turn around from forming a company that in the first year of trading discovered a lot debt, i worked solidly over two years to significantly change the business operations and now to for my business to be one of the top 5 leaders in the industry. I am proud to have gone from rock bottom with no help from any banks, no qualifications from school or university, I learned every thing i know from researching the internet, Still bad grammar and what ever, but I'm proud! to go from thousands and thousands of pounds in debt to turn it around to make tens of thousands, this is my proudest achievement so far, still young though this is just the start!!

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
got to be the turn around from forming a company that in the first year of trading discovered a lot debt, i worked solidly over two years to significantly change the business operations and now to for my business to be one of the top 5 leaders in the industry. I am proud to have gone from rock bottom with no help from any banks, no qualifications from school or university, I learned every thing i know from researching the internet, Still bad grammar and what ever, but I'm proud! to go from thousands and thousands of pounds in debt to turn it around to make tens of thousands, this is my proudest achievement so far, still young though this is just the start!!

Gissajob! ....well done :thumbsup:

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Apart from my 3 lovely children.......I guess mine would have to be my achievements in Golf.......oh and i used to be a VERY (and sadly i do mean HEAVY!!!) heavy smoker for many years and i did give up on my own some 8 years ago and without any wishes to ever want to take the repulsive habit up again :thumbsup:

Guy Crouchback

Jun 20, 2012
In the past I never understood people talking about kids being the greatest thing
in their lives. I thought "All right, you have kids - they have two arms, two legs,
and make a lot of noise. What's the big deal?"

That was until my daughter was born 3 years ago; then I instantly understood:
kids are the greatest thing that can happen to you in life, and a true blessing
from God. The joy they give one everyday is indescribable :)

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
My amazing little boy who never fails to make me smile. On his first away trip to Ipswich last season after Vincente scored he looked around stood up arms aloft and sang Albion! Albion! He is 4rys old loves football and the ALBION. Very proud mum.

His name is "VICENTE"!!!!!!!:smile:

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Apart from my son and everything he does, it has to be completing the Hastings 1/2 marathon earlier this year. A year ago I couldn't run 1k so to complete that hellish course in my target time felt awesome.

Nov 20, 2003
hove
growing up, I was a fucker when younger ,now a top missus 4 great kids all good achievers .daughter ranked 9th in GB at gymnastics for age ,all kids well behaved and good at school unlike me.Bigest regret not doing uni ect know I could of done it

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
Mine would definitely be the children - a boy of nearly 18 now and my little girl of 7 who was not really planned but is an absolute joy to us all - considering the age gap of 10 years she arrived into our world and has made us laugh every day.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here