Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your PLAN to get to the Amex on Saturday.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Not sure on timings yet but I'm going to give the R bus from Rottingdean a try tomorrow.
This is a bit of a basic question, but can you pay cash on that bus...or is it only travel voucher?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
13:00 pick daughter up from work in Bexhill
13:01 High tail it to Lewes via A27
13:58 or 14:07 or 14:14 Train Lewes to Falmer

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
There is more information here but it doesn't actually say whether you can pay by cash so it's not much help really: http://www.buses.co.uk/news/story.aspx?articleid=557
These buses would be much easier for me as well, but I couldn't figure out whether I could use them without a travel voucher. I don't want to buy a book of vouchers for four trips to the stadium this season, and the match by match vouchers don't seem to be available at the moment (although I'm happy to be corrected on that if anyone knows differently). My original plan was to park in Coldean and walk across, but that looks like it is being discouraged hence my elaborate 'home made park and ride'.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
These buses would be much easier for me as well, but I couldn't figure out whether I could use them without a travel voucher. I don't want to buy a book of vouchers for four trips to the stadium this season, and the match by match vouchers don't seem to be available at the moment (although I'm happy to be corrected on that if anyone knows differently). My original plan was to park in Coldean and walk across, but that looks like it is being discouraged hence my elaborate 'home made park and ride'.

It might be worth emailing B & H Buses. They are usually quite quick to respond.

7oaksgull

Jan 3, 2010
Sevenoaks, Kent
Go to Hove Park for 10ish. Watch unveiling of Heritage Plaque. Walk the 6.5 miles, past the Withers to Falmer. Stand in utter amazement from about 1230ish, eat, drink and be merry.

Yep me too

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
Yep me too

Cool, see you there! I reckon if the weather holds up it will be a great way to waive goodbye and say goodbye. After the walk, i will move on in my mind from the Goldstone saga (last nights play helped as well). I will not forget but i will put it squarely in the past. The physical and mental act of 'moving on', to try and put it into words. I kinda grew up at the Goldstone and became a man at the Withers and i hope to grow old at Falmer.

That's annoying; going to walk from the Goldstone for the Donny game.

The great thing about the walk is that its a personal thing. Enjoy your walk next saturday. :)

If anyone else is interested have a look at Tim Carders great document here: http://bhasc.com/docs/Goldstone_Amex_walk.pdf

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
Go to Hove Park for 10ish. Watch unveiling of Heritage Plaque. Walk the 6.5 miles, past the Withers to Falmer. Stand in utter amazement from about 1230ish, eat, drink and be merry.

I've just put my back out this morning, I'll still be there at 9:45 tomorrow, but will be definitely retiring to the pub after the unveiling. I was thinking about doing the walk but my body has put in a protest.

I blame them old seats at the theatre last night!

Sussex

MDAL
Apr 14, 2011
None am not going as i want to wait for the first league game and see it full!
But i hope all you others enjoy it.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
None am not going as i want to wait for the first league game and see it full!
But i hope all you others enjoy it.

Me too. I'll be on here reading with interest the impressions and opinions who are going though.

Funny how the actualy match has barely got a mention.

Jul 7, 2003
swindon, wilts
2 hours to Brighton from Swindon on a Saturday....that sounds optimistic.

Have been doing this for last 12 years - if no traffic jams its no problem. M4, Bracknell, M3, M25 & M23.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Anyone know if theres anywhere to park the car near the amex? Would we be allowed to park in stanmer park?

tom26

May 14, 2004
Lewes Road, Brighton
Leave my flat in Lewes Road 12ish. Walk to Falmer chatting to fellow Seagulls. Enjoy rollercoaster of emotions walking up to stadium. Find seat. Introduce self to people around me (North Stand N1A U 310, anyone?) Video the lot for my mate in Oz who has supported the Albion far longer than I have and can't be there :( Buy pie. Cheer my f*ckin heart out as the Albion run on to the pitch.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Think I will stick with my Withdean routine which was using the Mithras House P & R except I willl leave home 1 hour earlier at about 12.15. Been tempted to use the R Bus from Rottingdean but trying to get on a 12 to Seaford after the match will surely be difficult as the 12s are usually packed at that time of night with Brighton Shoppers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here