Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your PLAN to get to the Amex on Saturday.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
4am go to work.
9am go home and have anice fry up.
11am empire club for 3/4 pints of orangeboom.
1230pm train to famer

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
Bus route from Uckfield goes right past stadium, perfect. Only problem is, the timetable is illegible, says something like 8:38 leaves Uckfield or something similar then at '01 whatever that means, no explanation

mlg57

Oct 20, 2006
Milton Keynes
Depart Milton Keynes 10:13
Clapham 11:42
Brighton 12:40
Falmer 12:49

Walk around ground, Visit shop, buy pie and a pint and then settle back for pre match entertainment.

This is a bit of a basic question, but can you pay cash on that bus...or is it only travel voucher?

There is more information here but it doesn't actually say whether you can pay by cash so it's not much help really: http://www.buses.co.uk/news/story.aspx?articleid=557

These buses would be much easier for me as well, but I couldn't figure out whether I could use them without a travel voucher. I don't want to buy a book of vouchers for four trips to the stadium this season, and the match by match vouchers don't seem to be available at the moment (although I'm happy to be corrected on that if anyone knows differently). My original plan was to park in Coldean and walk across, but that looks like it is being discouraged hence my elaborate 'home made park and ride'.

As I read the information, this rule kicks in (at least for tomorrow):-

You give 1 voucher to the first driver on your way to the Stadium. If you have to change buses you can show your season ticket to the next driver. Likewise on the return journey you use the second voucher. You will also be able to show your smartcard season ticket to the driver for free travel to the match. ( Brighton Hove Bus and Coach Company )

Since there is no way that the bus driver of the Football Special from Rottingdean will know whether you have handed your Voucher in earlier (for example, on the number 12 bus from Newhaven), he'll let you on the bus at Rottingdean if you show him your smartcard.

Incidentally ... how does he know if your smartcard is loaded up with a ticket for the Spurs game?

Left Back

Jan 22, 2011
I decided that the Donny game was going to be my first game, for me it was the first "propper game" ... and to make it really special, my first visit to falmer too (I've resisted the tours and the lure of the shop), but reading all this makes me wonder if this was the right thing to do.

I want to go now .. any one got a spare ticket ?

Bus route from Uckfield goes right past stadium, perfect. Only problem is, the timetable is illegible, says something like 8:38 leaves Uckfield or something similar then at '01 whatever that means, no explanation
The 29 bus from Uckfield to Falmer runs twice an hour on Satudays, leaving Uckfield Bus Station at 01 and 35 minutes past each hour that is going to be relevant for an afternoon football match.

The journey takes 42 or 38 minutes, depending on whether the bus goes via Isfield or straight down the A26. It might take a little longer tomorrow, because of the roadworks in Lewes High Street.

Buy a Saver ticket for £5 (return) from the driver - or you could have got a cheaper ticket (£3) on-line, if you'd been a bit quicker and ordered it a couple of weeks ago.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
I decided that the Donny game was going to be my first game, for me it was the first "propper game" ... and to make it really special, my first visit to falmer too (I've resisted the tours and the lure of the shop), but reading all this makes me wonder if this was the right thing to do.

I want to go now .. any one got a spare ticket ?

i felt the same,but the nearer it got ,the more a felt i didnt want to miss it,so got ticket in the end,

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here