Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Your next flight........hopefully with updates as time goes by.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
It will be on easyJet from Gatwick to Inverness to see grandchildren to moment the regulations allow us.

When it comes to the carbon footprint of a visit to Inverness, how do I calculate the difference between two people flying, or driving in a petrol car 600 miles?
Which is more harmful?

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Offsetting isn't real - the carbon is still pumped out regardless of how many trees the airline plant. It's a gimmack to make people feel better - like HT and his 'zero carbon footprint' :facepalm:

I appreciate that. But it does indicate a level of awareness of the issue and might lead people to be more considerate flyers. The answer is of course to fly much less.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
It will be on easyJet from Gatwick to Inverness to see grandchildren to moment the regulations allow us.

When it comes to the carbon footprint of a visit to Inverness, how do I calculate the difference between two people flying, or driving in a petrol car 600 miles?
Which is more harmful?

I don't know, but it's a great question. I think in the very long term (decades, not years) we'll probably have to accept that we're going to be able to travel less often - not just fly less often. That might lead to a less mobile population, which would mean seeing the Grandkids is less of a mission because they're more likely to live nearby.

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
I was due to get married last April, so missed out on a stag do to Germany in March, a "mini-moon" to Cyprus in May and a Honeymoon in The Maldives in September.

So we are now due to marry this April, and hopefully will be able to get to the Maldives in September

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Flying ? I've not even thought about getting the train to Brighton to meet some mates yet.

When I do fly it will either be to Corfu in September or Southern Spain next March. I'm about 30% confident on the former and 75% on the latter.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Have two short trips to Berlin and Prague planned in June for gigs. Am so unceratin about if they'll even happen that I've yet to book flights/accommodation, but will leave that until a month or so beforehand if this part of the world starts trending towards opening up again.

Also have a two week break in Slovenia for a music festival at end of July/start of August planned. Slightly more optimistic about that as it's capped at 20k people, so nowhere near the size, setup or logistics of something like Glastonbury needed. Having said that, it's really too soon to tell.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Being a nosey music fan which gigs and festival are you planning to go to?

Being a nosey music fan which gigs and festival are you planning to go to?

Rammstein in Berlin, Iron Maiden in Prague and Metal Days Festival in Slovenia.

All events I had planned out logistically well last year until COVID hit. Rammstein and Maiden were a few days apart, so could do both in one trip. Now they're about a10 days apart so it'll cost me more to do both, but will be worth the enjoyment. But as I said in my last post, that's if they happen at all this year.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Our annual jaunt to Kefalonia, now rescheduled for August, originally planned for May, but put back as l don't expect that to happen, (TUI Boeing 737 to and from Gatwick).

Then in the autumn the plan is to go and visit friends in New Zealand, nothing booked yet though.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Have a flight booked from Miami to the Bahamas next week but will probably not take it, risky getting back in the states.

Spent December in quintana roo (left while London was tier 2) spent January so far in Miami. Pretty pointless going home until I have to as Mexico and Florida are pretty much normal.

If things are still bad in England at the end march might head back to Mexico.

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Rammstein in Berlin, Iron Maiden in Prague and Metal Days Festival in Slovenia.

All events I had planned out logistically well last year until COVID hit. Rammstein and Maiden were a few days apart, so could do both in one trip. Now they're about a10 days apart so it'll cost me more to do both, but will be worth the enjoyment. But as I said in my last post, that's if they happen at all this year.

Nice one. I’ve seen Maiden in Berlin myself. In fact they played the day before AC/DC with Axel in Leipzig which is about 90 mins away; that was a mad couple of days I can tell you. Although I listen and go to gigs of other music these days I still have a soft spot for my teenage years as a headbanger - I still take in gigs by the bands I liked in that at era.

Hope it works out one way or another.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here