Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your Most Prized 7"

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Tell us more. How did they come about?

It was when they were in a pub and two guys at the next table were trying to out do each other with outrageous claims, like , ive been to Barbados, yea but ive been to Thailand, then yea but i ive shagged 30 birds, and i sold my car for 5 times what i paid for last week, and my house is worth ete etc
just complete bollocks trying to better each other, and they thought who give a f***,
Hence so f***ing what.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Do you know how those lyrics came about ?
Large name drop here, but Animal told me once when i asked him :clap:

You know what, yes I did hear the same/similar story you have explained on the other post. I had the good fortune to speak to Mr Animal myself at the So What tour (I think) at the Top Rank, he was having a beer at the bar inbetween a couple of the other acts, and he said something along the lines of "I f***ing hate this, I could be at home with the missus watching telly, instead here I am about to go on stage in front of a crowd who are all going to gob on me". I wish I had had the where withall to have replied "So What!"

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
You know what, yes I did hear the same/similar story you have explained on the other post. I had the good fortune to speak to Mr Animal myself at the So What tour (I think) at the Top Rank, he was having a beer at the bar inbetween a couple of the other acts, and he said something along the lines of "I f***ing hate this, I could be at home with the missus watching telly, instead here I am about to go on stage in front of a crowd who are all going to gob on me". I wish I had had the where withall to have replied "So What!"

He is also quite a poncy dresser, designer stuff, and only puts on the leather gear for gigs.

Not saying anything wrong with that, just that he pretends to be a leather clad punk, but in realality has moved on, and just reverts back for stage presence.
Having said that i love ANL

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
By God Superphil, that brings back memories. What an opening line!
[yt]AH7pOUm5s9k[/yt]

I once had a piss next to Animal from ANL at the Top Rank!

My prized 7" would be a clear vinyl copy of 'Sounds of the Suburbs' signed by Nicky Tesco, and a signed 'Primary' by Robert Smith

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
showpic.aspx

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
I once had a piss next to Animal from ANL at the Top Rank!

My prized 7" would be a clear vinyl copy of 'Sounds of the Suburbs' signed by Nicky Tesco, and a signed 'Primary' by Robert Smith
I shared a urinal with Rat Scabies once at the Clarendon in Hammersmith.....

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I once had a piss next to the drummer out of Space although the bloke could have been lying.

In true Popbitch stylee, I did not see his cock.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
I once had a piss next to Mark E Smith.

But I think the guy must have a very weak bladder, as just about everyone I know has an "I had a piss next to Mark E Smith" story.

I didn't see his cock either.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I've not had a piss next to any member of any beat combo

I've had a piss next to Jimmy Case, Ronnie Corbett and David Suchet though (but not at the same time). Does that count?

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
I'm not that emotionally attached to my 7"ers, but like the experience I had after buying the re-released red vinyl 'Number of the Beast' by Iron Maiden a few years ago.

After buying it in Virgin in Btn., I went to Wetherspoons for breakfast and a soft drink. The guy serving me asked for £3.34 and I gave him a tenner. He said, 'Here's your change. £6.66.....'!!!!!

Btw someone above was saying plastic record sleeves are a Godsend, but I'd advise caution. I read a horror story by a guy who had his lifetime collection of records in these sleeves and the whole lot 'sweated', as in a white film formed all over them, ruining them :ohmy:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
I've not had a piss next to any member of any beat combo

I've had a piss next to Jimmy Case, Ronnie Corbett and David Suchet though (but not at the same time). Does that count?

I think it very nearly does.

I once had a piss next to Michael Barrymore in a club in Jersey. But I'm still alive.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
I'd like to claim i had this one, but i'd be bullshitting,

£8000 at the last auction :ohmy:

Attachments

• 20_3.jpg
    20_3.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 92

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
I shared a cubicle with Michael Hutchence the late lead singer with INXS at Westway Studios whilst a friend & I were there to meet Mark ( don't know his last name ) from James. We had a blast! We didn't however have a piss.

Favourite 7" though has to be Armegideon Time - Willie Williams - Studio One - Aiiight

Covered by The Clash & to my mind (albeit small) their best track alongside Bankrobber...... London calling is pretty f***ing awesome though.

Oh......Should I stay or should I go was fun too.

Last edited:

rcf0712

Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
I shared a cubicle with Michael Hutchence the late lead singer with INXS at Westway Studios whilst a friend & I were there to meet Mark ( don't know his last name ) from James. We had a blast! We didn't however have a piss.

Favourite 7" though has to be Armegideon Time - Willie Williams - Studio One - Aiiight

Covered by The Clash & to my mind (albeit small) their best track alongside Bankrobber...... London calling is pretty f***ing awesome though.

Oh......Should I stay or should I go was fun too.
nice, Bankrobber is an all time classic and if you are talking about Clash covers you can' go past Pressure Drop. I used Bankrobber as a lullaby for my kids when they were babies and has since helped introduce the genius of The Clash to them - Tommy Gun is now my 5 year old son's favourite tune, my daughter prefers Should I Stay Or Should I Go.....

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
My personal fave Clash song is White Man In the Hammersmith Palais, getting this thread back on track, I have the 7" of this, and I treasure it quite a bit.

Aslo I treasure my Krokus "Industrial Strength" 7" EP

rcf0712

Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
My personal fave Clash song is White Man In the Hammersmith Palais, getting this thread back on track, I have the 7" of this, and I treasure it quite a bit.

Aslo I treasure my Krokus "Industrial Strength" 7" EP
me too, I have the pink revolver sleeve one.....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here