Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your Most Prized 7"

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
I'm talking vinyl to all you deviants out there who got a little non-record excited by the thread title.
Following on from the recent "who still uses vinyl" thread I thought I'd capitalise, and yes, show off a little.
Mine has to be Teenage Kicks on Good Vibrations with the wraparound paper sleeve featuring the legendery Belfast toilet door grafitti "The Undertonnes are shit" and photo of the badnd including Fergal in aviator mirror shades.....

Attachments

• undertones_kicks_front.jpg
    undertones_kicks_front.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 281
  • undertones_kicks_inside.jpg
    undertones_kicks_inside.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 283

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
The only 7" I own is tucked away in my pants. :blush:

D

Deleted member 2719

I'm talking vinyl to all you deviants out there who got a little non-record excited by the thread title.
Following on from the recent "who still uses vinyl" thread I thought I'd capitalise, and yes, show off a little.
Mine has to be Teenage Kicks on Good Vibrations with the wraparound paper sleeve featuring the legendery Belfast toilet door grafitti "The Undertonnes are shit" and photo of the badnd including Fergal in aviator mirror shades.....

That's a great 7" if you don't mind me saying, i shall have to have a dig around for mine and take a picture so you can see it.

:love:

rcf0712

Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
That's a great 7" if you don't mind me saying, i shall have to have a dig around for mine and take a picture so you can see it.

:love:
to be honest I'm still at work and those photos are off the net - my copy is in much better lovongly cared for condition (plastic sleeves, worth their weight in gold).....

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
No easy answer to this. For sentimental reasons I like Barbara Jones - Just when I needed you most. It's not particularly great, but it was always the last record played at a club I used to go to and it reminds me of those times,

I treasure my copies of Anarchy in the UK, Spiral Scratch, in its original sleeve, the Clash giveaway, Capital Radio and a whole host of reggae singles from the late 70s.

I also have the first 10 Stiff singles which also remind me of happy times.

So many memories ... sigh

rcf0712

Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
No easy answer to this. For sentimental reasons I like Barbara Jones - Just when I needed you most. It's not particularly great, but it was always the last record played at a club I used to go to and it reminds me of those times,

I treasure my copies of Anarchy in the UK, Spiral Scratch, in its original sleeve, the Clash giveaway, Capital Radio and a whole host of reggae singles from the late 70s.

I also have the first 10 Stiff singles which also remind me of happy times.

So many memories ... sigh
don't they just.....

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
Probably my rather battered Space Oddity by David Bowie - the original Phillips release in '69, not the RCA re-issue from '75. No picture sleeves in those days, well not often.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
OMD - souvenir (signed) or Da da da da by Trio (signed by Boris Blank from Yello)

fave 12" would be story of the blues by Mighty Wah! Or love missile f1-11 limited edition by sigue sigue sputnik

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Gave all my punk 7" single away a few years ago on freecycle as thet were stuck in th loft doing nothing:shootself

Never occured to me that they would be worth anything.

The ONLY 7" disc still in my possession is a recording of I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles by the West Ham United Cup Final Squad of nineteen seventy something. It is stamped with the words "Property of BBC Radio Brighton".

If there is ANYONE out there who can explain why I own this bizarre item, I'd be grateful to be told.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
I had that Undertones 7 inch. Sold it when I was skint. I understand that its worth quite a bit now.

My prized 7 inch now is possibly Stiff Little Fingers Suspect Device (original cover)

To change the thread slightly, I also have a Difford & Tilbrook CD, which was not issued in the UK (only as vinyl) Took me 10 yaers to get it, but I bought it for £100. If ever my house was in flames, then apart from the family thats what I would go back for.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here