Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your most HATED Band/Artist ?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Oooh, good shout. Him too. Overrated, not nearly as talented as he thinks he is (his best work was all off the back of Guy Chambers' songwriting) and cringemakingly, unbearably self-satisfied and smug.

I tend to agree. His Sinatra stuff was probably his best moment.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Fair play it was a tad harsh, it just looked to me like you'd invited more abuse from the normal Spielberg abusers.

I just don't like their music, don't know why but it makes me think about death.

No worries. It is not a Spielberg meltdown thread just a healthy debate. I don't do meltdowns anymore. That was the old Spielberg.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Eh, what ? A bit harsh.

He's right. You really need to sort out this persecution complex of yours where you see every disagreement as a personal attack. I like Coldplay's first album and thought "Yellow" was a great song if a little bit sub-Travis. Thereafter all their songs sound pretty much the same to me. I don't hate them but definitely don't like them. Call me a sheep if you like.

Anyhow, The band I dislike the most? I think it's a close call between Black Eyed Peas who I think are an absolute abortion of a musical act or Maroon 5 who, if Dante were still alive, would have created a tenth level of hell just for them and would have called it 'smug banality'.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
He's right. You really need to sort out this persecution complex of yours where you see every disagreement as a personal attack. I like Coldplay's first album and thought "Yellow" was a great song if a little bit sub-Travis. Thereafter all their songs sound pretty much the same to me. I don't hate them but definitely don't like them. Call me a sheep if you like.

Anyhow, The band I dislike the most? I think it's a close call between Black Eyed Peas who I think are an absolute abortion of a musical act or Maroon 5 who, if Dante were still alive, would have created a tenth level of hell just for them and would have called it 'smug banality'.

You having a f***ing pop !

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
I accept a lot of people hate Coldplay. I don't get it though as the reasons seem disingenuous and are largely, follow the crowd imo.

Not at all. Nothing to do with following the crowd. As has been mentioned numerous times, many people find their music bland, dull, boring, unremarkable, the perfect cure for insomnia & general dirge. I happen to be one of those.

I think they are naff, but I know many people like them. Following the crowd maybe? Fine if 1000's like them. I couldn't give a shit either way. From a personal point of view, they don't sail my boat.

Oh the original question? I'll let you take a punt on that........

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch

black eyed peas,very good shout

what a crock of shit

although fergie (is that her name???) very shaggable

TrevorDove

Jan 4, 2004
Brighton
Muse get on my tits, boring mundane music.

Anything by U2, mainly because of that twat bono.

Lady Gaga seems pointless.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Muse get on my tits, boring mundane music.

Anything by U2, mainly because of that twat bono.

Lady Gaga seems pointless.

I have to call you on Gaga as she is immensely talented.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
maybe it was for that reason it put me off them. always trying to be something hes not,dont really get people who do that

Check this out from 81.....

It all went tits up for me after Rattle and Hum, when Bono all of a sudden thought he was a Yank.

Last edited:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I have to call you on Gaga as she is immensely talented.

Talented but dull. I've seen her live, great voice, not much stage presence and not making great advances with her latest music. Compare and contrast with Madonna who has never had the voice that Gaga does but more than makes up for it with originality and charisma. Madonna's past it now but up until "Confessions on a Dance Floor" was still relevant and a part of the zeitgeist. Plus Gaga uses Vocoder far too often. Her music will date extremely quickly IMO.

Twizzle

Aug 12, 2010
Bay Shitty Rollers, who I liked to call the obesity rollers because they became fat Sweaty bastards. Hate is too kind a word

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here