Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your Most Embarrasing Game as a BHA Fan?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
The 0-0 vs Rushden in 2004. I left my seat to have a pee during the celebration of our 'goal'. At the end of the game, I said something along the lines of "Not pretty, but a handy 3 points...". My father then kindly pointed out the error in that thesis.

Dickyboy

Feb 2, 2009
rustington
surely brighton 1 stoke 5 last game of the season with relegation as well was a lot worse a dodgy penalty is all crewe had all the first half our missed chance after two mins of second half was crucil and than mcnulty off left a massive hole game over probably the most we would have got out of the game was a point anyway be positive our away form is good just hope the injuries can clear up quick

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Norman Gould on SCR says that today's performance was worst than the 2-8 Bristol Rovers game (and he played in that one!)

Well, I saw the Bristol Rovers game - and it was a bit of a fluke. They deserved to win, but the scoreline wasn't really a true reflection. 2-1 down at half time, we were pressing for an equaliser (or later on a goal to get us back in the game) but every time the two big Bristol Rovers forwards, Warboys and Bannister(?) broke away, they scored in front of the South Stand.....

Brian Clough's tactical genius at its best that day...............he could get the whole team too scared to play even before the kick off............

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Only been watching Albion for 8 years, but that game was a new low for me.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Well, I saw the Bristol Rovers game - and it was a bit of a fluke. They deserved to win, but the scoreline wasn't really a true reflection. 2-1 down at half time, we were pressing for an equaliser (or later on a goal to get us back in the game) but every time the two big Bristol Rovers forwards, Warboys and Bannister(?) broke away, they scored in front of the South Stand.....

Brian Clough's tactical genius at its best that day...............he could get the whole team too scared to play even before the kick off............

My memory is somewhat different as Rovers were 5-1 up at half time and kicking into the north goal. They did seem to score with every attack.

A few day's earlier, when we lost to Walton, that was more like yesterday, 1-0 down and chasing the game only to let in 3 late breakaway goals.

The smilies below are supplied by me G'daughter, Hannah!

:afro::censored::yahoo::yahoo::(:dunce::falmerspi:falmerspi:shootself:cry::bigwave:

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
Stoke and Palace games were a complete embarassment as was the defeat at Kingstonian, the unprofessional 5-1 drubbing at Plymouth, any number of the games at Priestfield (the Fans United game?) and the 0-0 at Sudbury

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
That first season we won only three games at home, finished on 35 points and had to travel to Gillingham for every home game. The other four sides in that bottom five? Doncaster, Cardiff, Swansea and Hull. Guess that does make us underachievers.

Jamon Jamon

Mar 25, 2008
losing 5 nil to the scum.

(I remember being pissed off during the same year or so when I spotted some **** had made a 5-0 flag and was proudly displaying it on sky's Wigan v Palarse, however I was cheered up as the joke was on that arsehole as they lost 5 nil that day)

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Sudbury for me. Numbing. Kingstonian wasn't too clever either.

northstandsteve

Oct 9, 2003
Hove
Portsmouth away in the 80's 1-0 through a Wilson penalty, then hit for 5 in the 2nd half. Willie Young torn apart by Mark Hateley, and got soaked for the pleasure. There are plenty others, losing 13 games on the trot in 1972-73, and some woeful away performances. Plenty of appalling games at Gillingham.

What we have missed in my opinion is a decent creative midfield player who can boss a game. Yet again yesterday Crewe had one, an Icelandic guy from Reading, the list goes on of players that have taken us apart at Withdean this season.

If hereford can get 4 players on loan from Man Utd and Liverpool ( notice the improvement in their results, did the same last season to get promotion ), why can't we get decent quality.

Probably some of the worst performances at home this season that i have witnessed in 44 years of following the Albion.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
My memory is somewhat different as Rovers were 5-1 up at half time and kicking into the north goal. They did seem to score with every attack.

A few day's earlier, when we lost to Walton, that was more like yesterday, 1-0 down and chasing the game only to let in 3 late breakaway goals.

The smilies below are supplied by me G'daughter, Hannah!

:afro::censored::yahoo::yahoo::(:dunce::falmerspi:falmerspi:shootself:cry::bigwave:

I lived down in Wiltshire at that time and I think it was when Warboys and Bannister were the two up front..."smash and grab" they called them.

we went to watch Rovers a couple of times and they were a very good team

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
Portsmouth away in the 80's 1-0 through a Wilson penalty, then hit for 5 in the 2nd half. Willie Young torn apart by Mark Hateley, and got soaked for the pleasure.

I missed that game but my dad went and was not happy because they kept replaying the radio commentary of the goals over the tannoy to the Albion fans waiting to be left out.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
surely brighton 1 stoke 5 last game of the season with relegation as well was a lot worse a dodgy penalty is all crewe had all the first half our missed chance after two mins of second half was crucil and than mcnulty off left a massive hole game over probably the most we would have got out of the game was a point anyway be positive our away form is good just hope the injuries can clear up quick

That was only a friendly though as we had already been relegated. Doesn't really count does it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here