Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your Most Embarrasing Game as a BHA Fan?

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
All this thread proves is that people have short memories... for starters, the abject 1-5 against Stoke 3 years ago was far worse

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
All this thread proves is that people have short memories... for starters, the abject 1-5 against Stoke 3 years ago was far worse

i'll 2nd that, that was a fcuking disgrace

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Losing to Palace 5-0

Legend

Prince Of Darkness
Jul 5, 2003
Lancing
Losing 5 - 0 at Palace was worst
Also remember a game at end of 89/90season where we were beaten by an already relegated Stoke at the Goldstone 4-1. We had nothing to play for and it was an embarassing defeat. They fielded their reserves and some youngsters and we could not have argued if they had scored 8.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Yeah, the 5-1 was horrific against Stoke, I'd not felt that bad a football match since I took 5 friends to the Darlington game at the Priestfield, I convinced all those friends to come watch the Albion, and then we lost the game getting stuffed 4-0. It was horrible, I think I cried actually. :down:

The Walsall game was embarrasing, the 4-1 to Scunthorpe was horrific, but today was something else. Crewe were rubbish, to be fair, they've scored 3 stunning goals and a brilliant penalty, and they've thrashed us. A "must win" game, and we've lost 4-0. :laugh: Brilliant. But this is football, I don't think the players were especially poor today, the effort was there from them all, but sadly they don't have enough creative talent, nor the right tactics.

Wilkins had an uncreative team scoring a couple per game and not conceeding soft goals, what a job that man was doing. As it turns out... Who knew he was such a managerial magician!

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
from memory the palace 5-0 and stoke at the end of the championship season. Today was not good but have to take into account the injuries before and during the game and the fact crewe scored some quality goals and put 11 men behind the ball before we went down to 10

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
Over the years there have been many appalling performances - the last season at the Goldstone and most of the first season at Gillingham would come into that category. The more recent Stoke home game has parallels from the 80's with a game against them in a similar situation.

However, for embarrassing the 5-0 at Palace hurts the most. Anywhere else and you could have just ignored it but not against the greatest rivals.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Though today reduced us to IRONIC cheering, the non-penalty goals were top notch and well worthy of applause. Thought Crewe were taking the piss second half tho when they decided to bring on Daniel O'Donnell ???

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
i would say it goes beyond embarrasment............the fact that we are in the shite and appear to be bereft of any fighting qualities , and getting comprehensively ROUTED at home by a team who were below us at the start of the game ............like i said we are in the shite and we don't appear to have a clue or enough desire to get out of it.......GUTTED

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here