Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Your Most Detestable Player

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Chris Sutton, Mark Bright, Jamie Carragher, Garth Crooks, Pat Nevin, Don Goodman, Graham Souness, Alan Smith.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
That's a good call. People talk about Charlton and Hunter from that Leeds team but they were good, honest cloggers, Giles and Brenmer were a snide little pair though. What makes it worse is that Giles could really play.

I notice we're on foreign leagues now do I'm surprised no-one has mentioned Ramos or, going back a bit, the Butcher of Bilboa (not going to try to spell his name) - the one who did for Maradona. I know some people may laud him for that but he was a nasty piece of work

Claudio Gentile.

Someone (I forget who) was asked who his most difficult opponent was. He said Giles. 'All knees and elbows'. :lolol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Charlie George: 'We were tought how to nut people when we were still in our prams'. Yes, Charlie, but you were still a shit footballer.

Diouf. Spitting, whining, sent off then fined for making homophobic gestures. What a prick.

Most of the England 'international' players from 73 to 95 for being shit and not caring.

Scott McGleish.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Of course you would love him if he played for the Albion. The fact is that little shit has single handedly stopped us winning against Villa on four occasions, often using suspect tactics to achieve that. Plus I hate his Peaky Blinders haircut and his soppy socks with his dinky little shin pads. So it’s a no from me Clive!

I’ll give you that he’s a good footballer and a loyal Villa fan - but he’s still a tw*t. :drink:

Yes, but, he has the most extraordinarily lovely legs in football.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Claudio Gentile.

No, Gentile was the one who, when Maradona complained about some tackling supposedly said "Signor, football is not for ballerinas". But he could also play a bit too.

The play who did for Maradona's ankle was Andoni Goikotxea. He also finished Bernd Schuster's career - he was an absolute thug

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
No, Gentile was the one who, when Maradona complained about some tackling supposedly said "Signor, football is not for ballerinas". But he could also play a bit too.

The play who did for Maradona's ankle was Andoni Goikotxea. He also finished Bernd Schuster's career - he was an absolute thug

Yep. That was not football.

Or the spelling used back in the day.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Johnny Giles

A good few years ago, Rod Thomas, the former Derby and Wales fullback used to drive me around for a short time and he told me Johnny Giles was the nastiest, dirtiest player he had come up against in his entire career.

They weren't called dirty leeds for nothing.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
What ? Which Charlie George are you thinking of ? The Charlie George of Arsenal and Derby was a top quality player.

Mmmm....well I was a Leeds fan at the time and thought CG was an oaf :shrug:

Brown-tinted spectacles? ???

:lolol: :thumbsup:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Cheers.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I still detest Wayne Henderson. Opportunist ******* who used his interviews to big up how his distribution was his superpower because that was the main criticism of FDM.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here