Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your moans about Cup ticket prices have been answered

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I'm still not going to this one because I can't be arsed at that price - and looking forward to Southampton away and other upcoming home games anyway - but at least it shows the club listens to stuff that gets posted on here.....sometimes.

As has been said - it's out of the clubs hands in adjusting prices now, so any gesture, however small, is worthy of a bit of praise I reckon.

Cullip4

Oct 4, 2003
Brighton
I'd better get one :thumbsup:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
The fact is that to a certain extent their hands were tied as Wycombe also had to agree to the pricing, and once that pricing had been released it was then impossible to change it. Perhaps more should have been done at the outset, but that has now gone.

I think we should take at least some positives from this in that the club have listened to "us", or at least an idea from one of us and made it happen and tried to do something about the situation.

A gesture which not everyone is going to appreciate, and those of us who can't afford to go at all may think is an empty gesture, but considering their options at THIS stage I think they did the right thing and Cullip4's idea was a great one.

To those of you who are going, wear them with pride!!!!

Jamie

Jun 28, 2008
the commercial, business development, marketing and selling department has always held the club back. The club should not with this catchment area get the same crowds as say Bristol Rovers. Brighton to Worthing , Newhaven and lots of places are football areas, as big crowds in the past in the third div south and the 70s have shown. Life has however moved on and the customer should be the center piece of what they do. Fans are more important than any player. The club don't have a scooby doo. They cannot sell 7500 tickets to the population of Sussex but of course they think they will sell sell 21000 to go to an out of town ground no problem. Really? Bloom needs to think on this. Yes the team gets people through the door but the hard core should be at least double what it is, and the fact it is not has to be worked on. Now is an ex footballer plus Ken Brown the team to write and then implement a proper business and marketing plan? From what we have seen thus far, the answer is no. Is Sir Harvey Jones still going, if so then get him on the case!?

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
Reading between the lines, I think someone at the club cocked up. Possibly with everything going on with the new manager, staff dealing with tickets and other enquiries the Wycombe details were released without proper thought and as a result this has happened. The club are trying to acknowledge this with a gesture on the shirts, but this isn't going to make anyone go who wasn't anyway because of the prices. Lets face it it the t shirts are highly unlikely to be of a high quality given the short notice to make them. But at least they are trying. Problem is the horse has bolted and is running down Tongdean Lane.

Hopefully they'll learn and be better prepared for round two, if we get there.

Got it in one - although the club could have done better than a T-shirt to appease us disgruntled fans.I am going to wait for the weather forecast before making my decision.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I am going to wait for the weather forecast before making my decision.

Concerned about the wet t shirt factor?

Hang on, maybe that's the answer. Get Gully's girls in the T Shirt (which will undoubtedly be paper thin) and spray them in water. That should at least add a few pervs to the attendance.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

Hang on, maybe that's the answer. Get Gully's girls in the T Shirt (which will undoubtedly be paper thin) and spray them in water. That should at least add a few pervs to the attendance.

On the first day of the season I walked into the gound and through the fence by the toilets I saw the girls on the pitch dancing, I then went past the fence bit behind the disabled section that you can't see through, then saw the hose on the pitch nd my hopes were raised.

When I got onto the running track, I saw that they were watering the pitch, not gully's girls.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
cullip4 why didnt you suggest anybody that goes to the replay gets a car speedboat and a bully tankard :lolol:

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Fair play to the club. Ok, it IS just the equivalent of them not sharpening the stick before they poke us in the eye, but as I and others have often accused the Commercial department of being UTTERLY useless in every respect this is a refreshing break with normality.

Still not going as the bottom line is it's still too expensive for what it is. See you all at Southampton.

SI 4 BHA

Nov 12, 2003
westdene, brighton
The club and chairman are fully aware of all the fans' feelings on this issue.

- For FA Cup ties, ticket prices have to be agreed between the two clubs. If we were to discount, we would have to do this with the opposing club's agreement - but during discussions it was felt as an all-League One discounting wasn't necessary.

So no one noticed that the attendance at Wycombe was woeful and that this rather meaningless 1st round reply was squashed in between Southampton away and lLeeds at home! And that Wycombe are by far the worst team in league 1 who are hardly a big attraction and that we play them in the league anyway! Did we not sugeest that as they are crap, it would be a good idea to discount prices. FFS is anyone with a brain running this club?

Insider

Jul 18, 2003
Brighton
The club and chairman are fully aware of all the fans' feelings on this issue.

- For FA Cup ties, ticket prices have to be agreed between the two clubs. If we were to discount, we would have to do this with the opposing club's agreement - but during discussions it was felt as an all-League One discounting wasn't necessary.

So no one noticed that the attendance at Wycombe was woeful and that this rather meaningless 1st round reply was squashed in between Southampton away and lLeeds at home! And that Wycombe are by far the worst team in league 1 who are hardly a big attraction and that we play them in the league anyway! Did we not sugeest that as they are crap, it would be a good idea to discount prices. FFS is anyone with a brain running this club?

Prices and replay details were agreed before the Wycombe match.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
The prices could only be dropped if wycombe agreed to it, which they did not.

so the club had nothing to apoloise for in the first place. But the fact they have done this is a bonus. Stop bloody moaning. If you don't want to pay then DONT PAY

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing

Just ringing the ticket office now...........:blush:

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Prices and replay details were agreed before the Wycombe match.
That's missing the point somewhat. Even before the initial match the potential replay date(s) would also have been known along with Albion's current fixtures and the, er, 'attractiveness' of Wycombe at home to the casual fan.

It didn't help of course that the replay was initially announced as 'reduced' ticket prices which pissed off the STHs - a lot of whom are a precious bunch at the best of times.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here