Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your local/regular Pub

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Cricks in Southwick
Duke in Shoreham
Waves (La Cala - Southwick Harbour) for the summer (shutting down later this year though :nono:)
+ any other pubs that'll have me!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
CrabtreeBHA said:
Waves (La Cala - Southwick Harbour) for the summer (shutting down later this year though :nono:)
NNNOOOOOOOOoooooooooo
I LOVE the La Cala. Its the best summer pub in the county. Nothing can beat spending an afternoon on their patio watching the boats bob up and down, whilst slowly getting drunk on draft San Miguel, and then staggering back home to light up a dangerous but satisfying barbecue.

If that place is shutting down, then thats my summer RUINED.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
When in Brighton, the Rose Hill Tav is where i have spent my late teens and 20s. Christmas Eve is especially moving. Plates piled high with free unnamed meats and potato salads. Bar staff dressed as fairies and old women kissing people too long on the lips.

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
The Rat and Ferret - Newcastle
The Dolly Peel - South Shields
The Grotto - Marsden

(depends on the mood!)

timseagull

Oct 12, 2003
Mile Oak
Have to say my part of West Worthing isn't good for pubs. My "local" is a souless Toby Carvery (Hate it) Fav pub in Worthing is The Rose & Crown in Montegue Street.

Quite like the Cricks at Southwick with Crabbers when he's getting the beers in!:drink:

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
The Station at Preston Park for me before games. I don't tend to go to the pubs where I live owing to the fact they're crap!

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
timseagull said:
Have to say my part of West Worthing isn't good for pubs. My "local" is a souless Toby Carvery (Hate it) Fav pub in Worthing is The Rose & Crown in Montegue Street.

You must live near me. My nearest is the Downview by WW station (its a dump full of villains - been in there about 3 times and regretted it every time). Usually use the George & Dragon in Tarring or Charles Dickens in Heene Road. For the summer afternoons I join the crowds at the Mulberry so the kids can bounce on the castle while I sleep next to my pint in the garden.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I also haunt the Long Man on matchdays before/after kickoff. Good pool table, Sky Sports on 2 big screens, 20 minute walk to the ground, perfect.

poke

Oct 19, 2003
the lecterns my local

also go to the bar at work quite alot

Hungry Joe.

Mar 5, 2004
British Upper Beeding
Living in Upper Beeding these days I find The King's Head or The Castle in Bramber are fine. My favourite pub is The Red Lion in Shoreham though. The beer festival there is a summer highlight for me. That man in crazy trousers cooks a mean burger.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Phaedrus said:
The beer festival there is a summer highlight for me. That man in crazy trousers cooks a mean burger.

April 9th - 12th see'ya there :clap2: :drink: :drink:

timseagull

Oct 12, 2003
Mile Oak
Phaedrus said:
Living in Upper Beeding these days I find The King's Head or The Castle in Bramber are fine.

I prefer the Rising Sun in Beeding....good Ales, if you can get over the decor. Think the Kings head is a bit clicky? Castle is in a nice setting but always find the staff grumpy....:drink:

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
The Swan in Hampton Wick is the best pub closest to me, but for the beer (Youngs) I go to The Bishop of Out of Residence on the river at Kingston (or The Ram nearby for Theakstons - not Jamie).

mmm.. Youngs beer

:drink:

It's not as quite as good as Harveys, but is definitely up there.

Hungry Joe.

Mar 5, 2004
British Upper Beeding
timseagull said:
I prefer the Rising Sun in Beeding....good Ales, if you can get over the decor. Think the Kings head is a bit clicky? Castle is in a nice setting but always find the staff grumpy....:drink:

You could be right. Being 'out of towners' Me & Ms.Phaedrus do get some frosty receptions and "you're not from these parts" looks, especially in The King's Head. The Rising Sun is ok but I prefered it when it had darts & bar billiards.

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Another Berkshire Seagull said:
Most regular are the Allied Arms and Brewery Tap in Reading as well as Revloution, WalkAbout and O'Neils.
Allied arms??? over 60s pub and you can't swing a cat in it.:drink: :smokin: Was in that 80s bar saturday which is still the same set up as o'neils was.:drink:

If you see a sexy bloke poll dancing in there its me:clap2: :clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here