Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Your life as a match - are you winning?!

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Score Draw.

Started the match like Gary Lineker - goody two shoes, never got booked for anything or did anything remotely naughty. Midway through the first half I turned into George Best (enough said) and now 5 minutes into the second half turning back into an ageing Lineker, with an occasional lapse into Roy Keane rant mode.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
I was pulled off just before half time.

b5c75897c7497291152ccc5cdbcd4c5a.jpg

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
A very poor start to the first half, meaning a confused and disjointed approach right up to half time. Had a very good half time chat and am absolutely smashing the second half.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Think during the last year during covid i've been 3 0 with 15 minutes to go away from home ,then yesterday morning stop work pack all the tools up we're leaving site . Great early finish on a Friday ,no the company we subby all our work from has gone bust . Today i feel like 4 goals have gone in in the last 10 minutes.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
The final whistle is always going to be the ultimate defeat for everyone, especially if you want the game to last as long as possible.
Edit- If your religious a win from the jaws of defeat.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Getting towards the end of the first half, after a very shaky start and going down 2-0 early on.
The captain grabbed the game by the scruff of the neck and and turned it around at the 30 min mark and now sitting at a 3-2 lead.

Some tactical changes will be made at half time to ensure we come away with a win.

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
I met Mrs Shingle at 21 and we've been together ever since, so after 21 minutes I was 2-0 up. Since then 3 boys have come along and couldn't wish for better sons, 2 are ST holders at the Amex, supporting their local team, so now I'm 5-0 up. I've arsed around taking pictures all over the shop and getting paid for it (not a lot) and have somehow managed to pay off the mortgage, and despite being somewhat overweight I'm still relatively fit. I live in the greatest country in the world with a wonderful NHS to catch me should anything go wrong and now It's the 61st minute and grandchildren have come along and to be honest I've lost count of how many I'm up. Still half an hour to go plus injury time. Ive been lucky but the opposition have been shite, but they might still sneak a consolation goal or two :)

Last edited:

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
A lively 45 minutes lots of action and a substitution midway though first half. Late introduction of new player who turned out well. Three quick goals in extra time to make it 4-2. Half time reorganisation, stronger second half, better control and feel confident can hold on for last 20 minutes.

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
Steady start and some promising early attacks but caught badly after 25 minutes and the next 17 or so were hard work - despite scoring three goals. The problem was my midfield partner kept running offside which led to a big fall-out and sending off. Luckily a new Irish signing came on and this released me to play in a much more creative role - the partnership has worked really well. Now able to relax and enjoy the last quarter of the match hopefully having built up a healthy lead. It’s a funny old game though so hoping for my midfield partner and I to steer clear of injuries. Looking forward to crowds back in soon and maybe some European games next year.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Went 3-0 down to a couple of shocking decisions and foul play in the first fifteen minutes and have simply been trying to keep the score to that since.

Pulled one back but have since conceded another through poor defending. I'll take a 4-1 defeat. It's the taking part that counts.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Fun thread. Although thunking about mine is depressing...

Great first half, loads of energy, style, a bit of controversy but no goals. A few minutes in to the second and suddenly it looks like we're going to get desperately overrun. Looking at the bench I'm not sure how to change things, and I desperately don't want to revert to a 4-4-2. I believe in the team and tactics but probably do need to change something.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Fluked my way to a 0-0 stalemate at HT with an appalling lack of discipline and technique but after pairing up with a top strike partner took an incredible 3-0 lead early in the second half with some top stuff.....Pegged back to 3-2 last year with a horrible run of bad luck and injury but now hopefully with strike partners fitness returning will create chances in the last 10/15 minutes .................. hopefully..

Last edited:

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Early on in the second half I’m paying the price for a load of missed chances in the first half and scoring an own goal or 6

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
Started fast and strong. The team was well organised and did exactly what was expected from management and the fans. Played it safe and managed to nab a goal.

Last 5 minutes of the first half the team started to get a little more creative and somewhat risky. This backfired and we conceded a goal before half time. A real confidence killer.

Dressing room at halftime is in shambles. The players are confused, and the gaffer is missing so there's no clear direction.

Luckily the captain has stepped up and is being very vocal. At 1:1 we are back to square one. But there is talent in this team so we're gonna dig deep and go for the win in the second half...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here