Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Your life as a match - are you winning?!

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I'm not sure of the score, but I must be ahead because there's no way VAR could check my 22 year marriage and tell me it was a 'clear and obvious error'. I'm also intrigued by whether any of us are going to have a penalty awarded against us after the final whistle. And for what?

Top thread - well done.

tronnogull

May 17, 2010
I picked up a niggling injury half way through the first half. Played on though and currently 4-3 up with 10 mins to go. Not sure I'll make it to the final whistle without limping off....

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
Players have gone off due to a rain delay and the commentators are providing mindless drivel over some close up shots of the players eating their cucumber sandwiches.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Players have gone off due to a rain delay and the commentators are providing mindless drivel over some close up shots of the players eating their cucumber sandwiches.

Waiting for Noel or Liam Gallagher to entertain the crowd with a sing song?

My games are watched by one man and his dog sadly, and the quality of football is not even Sunday League. I’m jealous of you PL players

MTSeagulls

Sep 18, 2019
A steady if unspectacular first 15 minutes had me comfortably at 0-0. I then came into my own and took a well deserved 2-0 lead over the next 15 minutes.
Things then unexpectedly turned sour over the next 10 minutes. My star player scored an own goal, I learnt that my rock in defence was match fixing and I was carrying an injury that required treatment. I just about struggled through to half time with the score at 2-3.
The star player was substituted as was the rock, who was also dismissed on the spot, while I was receiving treatment for the full period of halftime.
The substitute, having been unnoticed in the reserves for some time turned out to be a bit of a gem and after treatment I recovered enough to enjoy the first 15 of the second half after forming a good understanding on the pitch to bring us back to 3-3 by the 60th minute where we currently stand.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Didn’t make as much of training as I should have done, but, playing for the second 11 has turned out okay. Two bad injuries nearly saw me out of the game early on, but both have appeared to be cured after sterling work by the physios. Great first half, in a most enjoyable game. Manager in the second half is the ‘Special One’ and has made the score 3-0 with 3 absolute worldies.
Still a left winger, don’t think that will change to the end of the game, which, although it’s become a bore draw now, I’m hoping will have plenty of injury time.

Good game, in the end.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est retiré.
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
My life has been like the classic '4-3' Liverpool v Newcastle game...

I've taken chances, I've squandered chances, I've made wrong decisions and right ones, and I've been ahead and behind more times than I can remember.

Currently 4-3 up and have 11 men behind the ball furiously protecting my lead. :whistle:

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Took an early lead but life kept clawing back my lead, have just reached half time and it's 4-4. However we are in a strong position ti push on but the team just need to keep their concentration to avoid letting the lead slip again.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Booked in the first half and then again in the second half but the ref screwed up and didn't send me off.
Scoreline-wise, 4-4 and under immense pressure but kicking the ball around, retaining possession, waiting for a chance to open up.

Great entertainment for a neutral but sh1t to be part of the game.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Conceded two early goals, hello girls, how's the houses? My pleasure :lolol: Pulled a goal back through my daughter and then after a sustained spell of pressure I have recently equalized, end to end stuff with my health, already had one kicked off the line by the RSCH but even if I get beat in the end its been an entertaining game.

The Ref's a bit of a prick though :lolol:

Mexican Seagull

Jan 16, 2013
Mexico City
Started the game quiet and predictable but once I started to create and take the chances that came along it has turned out to be a very entertaining and high scoring game, defence could have been tighter at times which resulted in some poor decisions, including the odd own goal - but all outweighed by the strength of my attack and ability to score, getting close to full time but has been a great game.

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
Definitely feels like it's going to be a case of defeat snatched from the jaws of victory. At best possibly conceding a last minute equaliser to make it feel like 2 points dropped.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Early cautious start but went a goal down through some bad teenage years. Changed playing style, halfway through first half and really went for it, throwing caution to the wind and going 3-1 up. Comfortable position at HT. Wife, kids, mortgage meant a more pragmatic style, sitting deeper and taking less chances. Still in control of the game. Things started to go wrong around the hour mark. Wife was sent off, kids transferred to another club, so back to 3-3. Threw on more forwards and went 4-3 up with new business venture but left gaps at the back and the opposition struck quickly with cancer and close family bereavements, so the lead went and I found myself 6-4 down on 75 mins. Have narrowed the gap to 5-6 with a superb new signing and there is time left for a strong finish.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Dead and buried in my potato sack well before the 90 is up.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
I was overly confident going in to this match, got my arse handed to me quite early on, conceded a couple of goals in the first 15 and lost a couple of players which hit me hard. Another 15mins of soaking up the pressure, a real hard slog.
Managed to get my head down, regroup and dig in for the last 15 of the first half. Nicked a goal back just before half time.
Not long in to the second half and it's all level. Tails up and confidence is flowing. It still could go either way but I'm very much in control of the game, just need to keep pressing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here