Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Your life as a match - are you winning?!

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I went 0-2 down in the first half. Came out all guns blazing and now 4-2 up. Just fifteen minutes to go and hopefully, loads of additional time.

I’ll go with that. Although I’d like to think that I’ve more like 40 mins to go and looking to bring on another attacker to really hammer home the goal difference.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Early wobbles in the first 15 mins but not long afterwards I went 3 up in the space of ten minutes before they got one back just before half time.

Another one followed just after the break to make it 3-2 but 18 months ago I gave away a stupid penalty, had a defender sent off in the process and it's now 3-3.

Since then I've brainlessly gone down to 9 men for a needless headbutt and it's a matter of time before I fall behind.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Started the match with most of my first team out, but got a lucky goal at 11 mins. 15-25 mins lost focus completely and found myself 2-1 down. Worked really hard rest of 1st half and came in at half time 3-2 up. Into the second half now which has been professional, if less exciting than the first and comfortably got a 4th. It's just that these games always seem to have a nasty sting in the tail ???

Last edited:

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Losing a parent at 5 put me 0-1 down early. The other parent with physical and mental health problems put me 0-2 down. Being a pretty f.cked-up kid at school/college (despite having well above average intelligence) because of those put me 0-3 down. Dead-end job at Amex plus an ill-fated failure in HM forces and I was 0-4 down with 20 minutes on the clock.
Things looked grim but I wasn't done, got a job I enjoyed and was good at. 1-4.
After 7 years, promoted to senior engineer. 2-4.
Went to Devon for 3 years, got headhunted into a better job back in Sussex. 3-4.
Put extra into my pension for a few years and retired, aged 55, in 2019. 4-4. BOOM ! Game's there for the wining.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
My teammate has started talking about kids so I guess I'm 1 nil down, VAR will decide weather its an own goal or not..

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Wouldn't change mine for the world. They are two of my "goals for" (34th and 38th minute after some decent work in the box).

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
It's like playing against a team who don't know when to give up. I'm so on top of my life that I should be 5:0 up but for every brilliant bit of magic the ref seems to throw a VAR disputed offside decision at me. My fitness has gone, what I could do in the first half takes twice as long now. When a drinks break occurs I have to sprint to the changing room afterwards! When I go down injured the trainer sends the stretcher straight on.
But I'm still playing and that is all that matters.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Slowly approaching the last 5 minutes of the first half.

I haven’t taken all my chances (missed a brace in the event many years ago) but I’m going into half time ahead, not that tired and enthusiastic about the second half. I just hope nobody walks out at 70

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Cagey start followed by some attractive free flowing football, goals aplenty and money wasted on players who flattered to deceive.
That’s when I was player manager. More recently a boardroom takeover has seen me demoted to assistant manager with responsibilities for the youth academy. My playing days are over.
It’s now looking like a mid table finish with a negative goal difference.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
A good first quarter dominating play with an early goal, second quarter conceded two easy goals I should have done better with, now deep into the third quarter I’ve equalised and sustained increasing pressure and the opposition have just had a player sent off as well as losing their star player to injury, things are looking good for the fourth! Come onnnnnn

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
A good first quarter dominating play with an early goal, second quarter conceded two easy goals I should have done better with, now deep into the third quarter I’ve equalised and sustained increasing pressure and the opposition have just had a player sent off as well as losing their star player to injury, things are looking good for the fourth! Come onnnnnn

Edit, tonight’s inevitable shoeing will bring me crashing back down to earth.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Went 0-1 down 10 mins in and definitely on the back foot, but started to impose our will on the match and got two good goals before half time. Pushed on early second half to go 3-1 up and working hard however the momentum has started to swing back the other way which in inevitable given the length of a game. Plenty of the match left so considering a tactical sub or change in formation to ensure we hold onto or extend the lead. Although given the theme perhaps I need to let in a couple of goals to get an extra 30 mins overtime :moo:

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
VAR checking possible ****
VAR check complete, **** confirmed

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
Just approaching half time, defence has been battered by the oppostion but amazingly only conceded one goal, has had moments of brilliance where i was able to tuck away 3 of my own against the run of play. Definitely the stronger side going in.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
A solid first half saw me go in level at half-time. The first 15 mins after half-time has seen me produce some exciting stuff to take a deserved lead.
Unfortunately I've just been blindsided following the ref spotting something nasty. It's been referred to VAR and I await the decision (I go in for the operation on Thurs).

Hopefully the review will be overturned and I can last the full 90 minutes and maybe add another goal.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
East Fife four, Forfar five. Or is it the other way around?

At least none of it is being played in Scotland.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Don't know why, but I've enjoyed this thread more than any other I can remember. There's some very funny people on NSC.

Same here.

Some folk may have gone through some tough patches but their sense of humour is still intact

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here