Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your LEAST favourite band of the 80's

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Very pleased to see all the thoroughly deserved loathing for Simply Red being poured out on this thread.

Yep, I always disliked them and Hucknall.

But I have to disagree with the Big Country and Simple Minds haters. Saw both live at the Top Rank I think and they were great, there are some good Big Country tracks and many brilliant Simple Minds tracks (and not just the obvious ones). Some great guitar play in both those bands too.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Can I nominate under a general term the sound the samey american pop rock?

John Melloncamp, hall and oats, Michael Bolton etc etc, when one stops and the next starts its hard to notice.

Simple Minds are prob one of the most under rated bands of all time given the level of success they've had. Ive spoken to 90s kids who had never heard of them, in the 80s they were massive with few arguably bigger U2 and some 70s hangons like the WHO maybe.

Im not a big fan of them but I am puzzled how they get over looked give the hype served up for some utter cack bands..

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
But I have to disagree with the Big Country and Simple Minds haters.

Yep dont get it,Big Country live at that time was something else all together.

very memorable day in 1986,messing about in a west street arcade and this guy asked to challenge me at some racing game,bit gobsmacked when i turned round and saw it was Stuart Adamson. Later on watched that Argie use his hand against England and finished the day off with a cracking Big Country gig at the Dome......Dont get many days like that.

and Simply Red are utter puke.

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
By a country mile

Bon Jovi

Worst band in any decade.

Can't believe people still go to see them

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Surprisingly not, not even then. Didn't rate Decker in any department!!

I'm with you there, although I do have a friend who worked at a venue in London, and when Carol was on stage he nipped into her dressing room and had a quick Sherman into her knicker drawer.

Not so sure about Siobhan Fahey though, by all accounts she has been around the block a few times and has a wizard's sleeve. It would be like waving a stick in a field.

Debbie Harrie and Clare Grogan are both wonderful, would happily push their shite back a fortnight.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I'm with you there, although I do have a friend who worked at a venue in London, and when Carol was on stage he nipped into her dressing room and had a quick Sherman into her knicker drawer.

Not so sure about Siobhan Fahey though, by all accounts she has been around the block a few times and has a wizard's sleeve. It would be like waving a stick in a field.

Debbie Harrie and Clare Grogan are both wonderful, would happily push their shite back a fortnight.

:lolol:

As the topic is taking a slightly different slant, can I throw in Nena (99 red balloons - could be hairy though)......

Carol Decker was just grim......

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Quite like Nena, but I kept it quiet at the time as she was slagged of by Brits as a hairy German!

In the 1980's, I also liked:
Martha Ladly - the Canadian keyboardist in Martha & The Muffins and The Associates.

Susanne Freytag in Propaganda

And the blond female model who mimed in Tight Fit.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Quite like Nena, but I kept it quiet at the time as she was slagged of by Brits as a hairy German!

In the 1980's, I also liked:
Martha Ladly - the Canadian keyboardist in Martha & The Muffins and The Associates.

Susanne Freytag in Propaganda

And the blond female model who mimed in Tight Fit.

Good call.

Can I throw in Theresa Bazarr of Dollar, shocking group/singer, but..........

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

No frigging way.

pwellerwhaam.jpg

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

:lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol:
Wizards sleeve:lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here