Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your LEAST favourite band of the 80's

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
For me it's The Thomson Twins. Think it was the stupid hat of their female member and the drudgery of the songs, whilst being NME darlings.

How dare you dis the TT'S :nono:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Big country was just a move on from the Skids ,Smiths you either love em or hate em
regards
DR

I recall Richard Jobson BOUNDING onto the stage at the Top Rank with The Skids in 1980 in flared PANTALOONS, which were covered in gob by the first four rows of the audience in seconds.

Stuart Adamson was a good guitar player though, tragedy that he hung himself.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Matchbox bunch of wankers end of !!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Haysi Fantaysee, whose only redeeming feature was the meaning behind the lyrics to 'John Wayne is Big Leggy'

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Did you ever see them live? Did you? Did you?

Nope. I think the reason behind my loathing was, as someone else has said, a decent band who became crap yet successful. Unfortunately I now have 'Hold me now' as an ear worm, which has replaced 'Requiem' by Killing Joke. :(

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Ask him if he'll do a little medley of I'd Do anything and That's the Way (I Like It) for old times' sake.

Did you see him on The James Whale show when he had been consuming some pharmaceuticals prior to attempting to talk to Whale?

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Another vote for Simply Red.
Many many good bands from that decade though. Some of which are still around today.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I recall Richard Jobson BOUNDING onto the stage at the Top Rank with The Skids in 1980 in flared PANTALOONS, which were covered in gob by the first four rows of the audience in seconds.

Stuart Adamson was a good guitar player though, tragedy that he hung himself.

The drummer is one of the best.

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
Simpy red... good call.

I got tickets to see them at the centre to impress a trainee teacher I fancied. It was the most painful gig I've ever been to, and it got me nowhere with the teach.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here