Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

your greatest ever goal while playing footy

A friendly little 'grudge match' at Preston Park, v a bunch of mates going under the name 'Paralytic Athletic' - scored a hat trick, but what I considered my worst of that bunch was the one that looked the best; goallie saved and palmed my shot out to beyond the edge of the area - and with him out of position I got across to volley it into the net. It was from about 18 yards and went straight in.
It wasn't the trickiest or cleverest one, a clipped backheel, from a corner and over the gk was better because I'd planned it before I did it - but it looked spectacular ....especially to our side.

One of my faves from memory was a long arrow into the bottom corner at the BHAVIC park, but because it was jumpers-for-posts I was the only one who knew for certain that it was in. It got discounted because their side didn't see it properly and didn't want to believe I'd nailed it from such distance.
Oh well, as long as I know the truth I can relish it anyway!

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Would have to be a free kick from the half way line which curled over a very Hapless keeper or a screamer from 40 yards that flew into the top corner without dipping and leaving the keeper rooted to the spot. Both goals where for Baron Homes although 1 was in the days that we were called Carringworth. I was well happy with both considering that I was a centre half or full back for all of my playing days.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Don't play football, haven't done for at least 10 years, got hacked off with people taking it far too seriously, being punched in the face by a player from the same team for missing a penalty ended my interest in the game as a willing participant.

Saw the light about 5 years ago and took up the game of hockey, after not playing since school, best move I ever made. Only play mixed, it is far more fun and possibly one of the most sociable sports on the planet, if you get my drift. However since taking the game up I have scored a grand total of 3 goals in competitive games and 2 of them were in the same match.

The pick of the bunch (if 3 can be considered a bunch), OK, trio, was the one I scored on tour in Cape Town. We were well under the cosh against an experienced opposition, I had been left as a lone forward as we were trying to pack the midfield (4-5-1, any takers?), the ball was hit forward and managing to lose my marker I met it just inside the area, striking a low hard shot first time into the bottom left hand side of the goal. Not particularly remarkable but I lost my cool completely, rather than thanking the person who had hit the ball in my direction I started jumping up and down like a loon, shouting "f*****g hell, I've scored" repeatedly for all my worth. I am now practicing a far cooler goal celebration in time for when I next score, in round about 2008...

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
a week after beckham lobbed sullivan from the half way line, i was in a training match, ball was played to me, it went under the defenders foot, saw the keeper off his line and lobbed him from the halfway line,

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
My best goal came in a very unimportant 11-a-side game on a full-size astroturf pitch while at Sheffield Uni.

We'd been absolutely battering this team and were about 3-0 up but the bastard keeper had saved about four one-on-ones against me and was absolutely loving it. I'd also hit the post and the bar, much to his amusement.

Finally with about five minutes to go I got clear down the left and as he came out grinning, chipped him - a beautiful sand wedge from about 25 yards - and saw the ball graze the underside of the bar on the way in. Marvellous.

Edward Scissorhands

Feb 20, 2005
Never scored in a "competitive" match, due to being in goal, or the defender staying back.

Svaed some great shots, and scored a couple of beauties when I was at school, at break times etc...

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
I once scored a screemer from inside my own half........'Ave it:clap2:

Pure fluke really......it could just as easily have gone for a throw in:lolol: :lolol:

Last edited:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Playing on Southwick Rec, mate crossed in from the right flank, it looped over the defenders head and from the 18yard line I volleyed straight into the right hand side netting...'keeper did'nt move!

Halftime Oranges

Oct 22, 2003
Rottingdean
Scoring an easy goal when the opposing keeper passed me the ball. Also down the park executed an amazing overhead kick.

Ave it:smokin:

An assist, I suppose... in an under-15s game in Birmingham, some time ago.

After our side conceded a goal, I kicked off the restart by tapping the ball to the guy on my right, who hoofed it straight over the opposition keeper and into the net.

Would have been a world record if we'd have started the game like that.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Brighton Hove and Sussex v Cardinal Newman 1975

I was playing for Cardinal Newman. First XI, the last time we would play our rivals - having lost nearly every time to them in my school career. The "coach" Feeley had purchased a new strip. We had played in a primrose yellow - "you look like a bunch of pansies" - and mostly we played like it. The new strip was Man City away (red and black stripes). We looked the part.

10 minutes to go - we were attacking and Dicky Hart got the ball to the deadball line and pulled it back at pace. I was running in and met it about the penalty spot. The keeper and two defenders were ahead of me. I just wanted to make sure I didn't balloon it over the bar - so I side-footed it. The defenders thought I was going near post, but the ball slid across the turf and tucked inside the far post.

Mass celebrations (and there probably were Mass celebrations as well) and to finish off there was a punch-up on the touch-line.

Marvellous scenes.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
back in the day when i played up front for seagulls club as an under 11, ball was played to my feet, i turned outpace 2 players before curling it in low and hard to the bottom corner from outside the box

the fact that i outpaced 2 players made it special

Stumpy Tim

So many glory moments it's untrue. I scored a fine header last year, but we were 9-0 down at the time.

Best goal ever was for Hassocks U15 against Cuckfield Cosmos. We were severely injury depleted so I had to move from striker to left-back. I can't tackle & am 100% right-footed so it was a strange decision, but our manager turned out to be a tactical genius. We had a corner, and I was on our half-way line. Their lad volleyed it clear & got good distance on it. I jogged in from the half-way line, and struck it first time with my right foot. The keeper barely moved as the ball whistled into the top corner.

Glory!

Last edited:

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
I tend to keep goal so not too many goalscoring memories for me. Not helped by the basic fact that I can't shoot for shit.
One that stands out though was in a five a side tournement at butlins a couple of years ago. From near the centre of the pitch I played it out to the right wing and then ran on down the middle. Mate played in a cross that I twated on the half volley into the bottom corner with my LEFT foot, and I'm not even a leftie. Rather flukie to be honest but it was quite nice.

Pigsy

Jul 14, 2004
Scored a goal so good in the playground at Junior School that the school bully (who was in goal for the opposition) felt the need to beat me senseless at evry opportunity for the next month. After that experience I gave up scoring good goals and now strive for tap ins.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
just outside the corner of the penalty area with goal to left, ball came over bounced sweetly for me to back heel it on the half volley lobbing the keeper in the top left of the goal. sweet as.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Mine was performed in Regents Park in full Albion kit.

A great run down the right wing from our Cayman Islands international resulted in a pin point pass that I converted with a superb volley at about shoulder height (I don't use my head!). I didn't realise I could get my foot that high.

Made all the sweeter by the fact that I've always played at the back and don't score very often at all.

blueandwhitearmy

Oct 29, 2004
Bevendean
Well I never really scored too many glamorous goals but I once scored the winner in a championship deciding match on peacehaven county pitch on the day all the cup finals were on there, so there was quite a big attendance (300-500?). This was when I was playing for Lower Bevendean Youth, basically the ball was cleared after a goalmouth scramble and i was on the edge of the box so I just smashed it low and hard and the ball found its way into the net!

champione champione oh wey oh wey oh wey! gives me goosepimples just thinking about it *sheds a tear*

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here