Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

your greatest ever goal while playing footy

Kaney

Banned
Feb 11, 2004
Brighton
Being a forward, goals are plentiful for me, however I shall never forget running with the ball from my own box to score. 11 a side as well.

Another volley at saltdean has a special place in my history :lolol:

larus

A couple of seasons ago, we had a corner. I was back covering for the center halfs on the left-hand side of the pitch just inside their half.

The corner was struck back to me rather than being crossed. For some reason, I decided to have a pop from at least 35 yards. Just struck it perfect, flew into top right-hand corner. Flew like a rocket but I didn't smack it hard, just timed it right. Gave me a nice warm feeling watching it all the way. Get in you f***ing beauty.

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
5-a-side at Pitch Invasion.

Hoofed clearance from our keeper, running down the left flank. Ball's dropping as I'm about a yard from the corner.

Hit it first time as it drops over my left shoulder, lands in the bottom right corner of the net. Absolute peach. Did exactly the same thing again five minutes later then completed my hat-trick with an almost identical finish from the right side.

Favourite 11-a-side goal was at Falmer. Had been voted in as club chairman the night before the first game of the season. Celebrated by getting rat arsed and smoking loads of fat cigars.

In the first 45 minutes I missed a complete open goal, blasted a penalty straight at the keeper, then scored a curling 30 yard screamer into the top corner.

At half time I threw up all over my boots while having a dump. Cheers

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Knightsworld said:
25 yard volley.

We had a corner, the ball was then headed out to me and just caught it sooooo sweetly with the outside of foot and it curled away from the keeper into the top corner.
Nearly the same as mine. Corner punched out by keeper. I got a perfect connection from about 30 yds in line with the right hand side of pen area. Straight back over the keeper into the far corner.
:goal:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Cor I love FOOTIE. These stories make me wanna put my boots on NOW and have a kickabout. Still, only 4 hours till Pitch Invasion.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Playing for Royal Holloway, Uni. London.

ULU Cup semi final- 2-1 up, twenty minutes left- keeper throws out to right back, plays a long ball up to me just outside centre circle. chest the ball down turning defender Cyril Regis style. lay the ball of to our other striker on the right wing, he beats two men i make my way into the box, acute angle between me and goal. lovely pacey cross whipped in. stoop and dive to angle a header accross the keeper into the opposite far corner. 3-1 onto the cup final at fulham's training ground....

Sweet-as!

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
45 yards out - keeper drop kicked it out to me on the right wing and I hit a stunning volley straight back into the top corner giving the keeper no chance. Only problem was it was my own keeper!

For those kiddie winks out there, this was in the days of back passes and I knew I had to hit it back hard to make sure it got past the forwards. Trouble was, it was the sweetest strike I ever hit. The opposition told me the following year that I had won their goal of the season competition!!!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Cup match earlier this year. I tackled someone on the halfway line and made for goal. Jinked past two players, then a quick burst of pace, before rolling round the fullback with one of those "Zidane" drag-back spins on the ball, leaving him for dead. The keeper advanced, and I executed an exquisite little chip over him from just inside the area, which clipped the underside of the bar and nestled beautifully in the back of the net.

(This was all on Pro Evolution Soccer 4 by the way, but I have it saved on my memory card if anyone wants to see it).

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I scored a Bergkamp against Newcastle last week. I told the other team that it was the best goal they've ever seen. I'd picked the ball up outside the area, played two 1-2s, then as the ball was played to me i nipped it round the lunging defender, spun and hammered a half-volley into the far top corner.
Wicked.

RonnieO'Sullivan

Feb 21, 2005
being a goalkeeper dont have that many goal-scoring memories but i did score when i came up for a corner when playing for peacehaven a few years ago against rottingdean we were 15-0 up, i ventured up the pitch for a corner it broke to me from the corner just inside the penalty area with my weaker left foot hit it into near enough the top right hand corner, the whole team went mad even tho we were now 16-0 up and we ran back to the half wayline in a big line, quality scenes, i then joined denton and played with mr jakey robinson, quality stuff.:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Hove&Albion F.C

May 15, 2004
I scored on the volley direct from a corner after coming up from centre back for Cuckfield Cosmos, must have been 13 or 14. Against Fishergate Flyers if i remember rightly, they were a decent team back then i think went on to win our league! :clap:

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
RonnieO'Sullivan said:
being a goalkeeper dont have that many goal-scoring memories but i did score when i came up for a corner when playing for peacehaven a few years ago against rottingdean we were 15-0 up, i ventured up the pitch for a corner it broke to me from the corner just inside the penalty area with my weaker left foot hit it into near enough the top right hand corner, the whole team went mad even tho we were now 16-0 up and we ran back to the half wayline in a big line, quality scenes, i then joined denton and played with mr jakey robinson, quality stuff.:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

rottingdean were appaling :lolol: even our poor saltdean team beat them! we also used to have an annual cup game against denton and won a couple of those. yes we were on the end of a couple of jakeys wonder goals....bastard :lolol:

Donk the Seagull

Registered Legend
Jul 26, 2004
I'm a keeper and my best goal was a penalty (my only one in goal and my third for the club). I ran up a did a leon knight and wrong footed the keeper and sidefooted the ball into the bottom right hand corner.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Easy 10 said:
Cup match earlier this year. I tackled someone on the halfway line and made for goal. Jinked past two players, then a quick burst of pace, before rolling round the fullback with one of those "Zidane" drag-back spins on the ball, leaving him for dead. The keeper advanced, and I executed an exquisite little chip over him from just inside the area, which clipped the underside of the bar and nestled beautifully in the back of the net.

(This was all on Pro Evolution Soccer 4 by the way, but I have it saved on my memory card if anyone wants to see it).
:lolol:

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
Chested a ball down for a sweet volley over the keeper last season at Southwick for Littlehampton, and the following day (for my Sunday league side) was put through by my mate to cooly chip the keeper from the edge of the box. Probably the best two goals I've ever scored, and they came in the same weekend!

I've been wank ever since.

Last edited:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Easy 10 said:
then a quick burst of pace,

I was beginning to wonder.

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
Easy 10 said:

:lolol:

RonnieO'Sullivan

Feb 21, 2005
mejonaNO12 aka riskit said:
rottingdean were appaling :lolol: even our poor saltdean team beat them! we also used to have an annual cup game against denton and won a couple of those. yes we were on the end of a couple of jakeys wonder goals....bastard :lolol:

saltdean were awful! :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
RonnieO'Sullivan said:
saltdean were awful! :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:
awwww thats the nicest thing anyone has ever said about us :lol: :blush:

we had a keeper who couldt catch

left back used his right foot
other 3 defenders were the smallest in the league.

our midfield was appalling apart from a certain number 12 who was, from what i remember , viewed by many as having 'velcro on his boots' now whether that was the silky skills or the fact i never passed is your own decision :lolol:

one lanky striker who was scared of heading the ball
and a small nippy striker who was good at heading..but wasnt tall enough

a real recipe for success was the ever great saltdean tigers FC :lolol: :clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here