Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

your greatest ever goal while playing footy

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
well? not neccesarilly individual but could be a team move which you finished off and were very proud.

also was it down the park with mates/for a team

so what was your greatest ever goal?

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
I was a keeper, so no personal goals

I did however save a penalty that was sent in with such force that the manager thought I'd broken my fingers.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Playing for Hollingbury Hawks at the Greyhound Stadium against Hove Park Colts. I was playing left wing and the ball had broken loose on the edge of the box, it was on my wrong foot but I had a clear run at it and struck it sweet as you like. It flew into the top left hand corner.

My first of a brace that day in an easy victory for the Hawks.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
MYOB said:

I did however save a penalty that was sent in with such force that the manager thought I'd broken my fingers.

Not........your typing fingers?

:ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
I scored from my own area once (whilst in goal) - okay, it was five-a-side, but still. Goals outfield are something of a rarity, however.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
mine would be down the park. 8 on each side. good summer game. my mate(who holds now footballing talent whatsoever) somehow caught the ball on his foot and flinged it in the air...i then stormed in and fired it in on the volley. it was beautiful and we were more impressed with my mates amazing contribution.

or another classic was for saltdean united. we were 11-0 down in the cup to the best team in the county. in the last minute biscuit put me through and i flukily lobbed the keeper from about 30 yards. despite being 11-1 down myself and biscuit ran around like lunatics(without the ball this time) and continued to celebrate :lolol:

bathseagull

Apr 18, 2004
St. Anmore
I played for FC Porter in Bath while i was at uni. Scored a couple of crackers for them, one of which was the third goal of a hat-trick. The keeper cleared it, I was in the centre circle with my back to goal and as it came to me, i turned and hit it first time on the volley, sweetly lobbing the keeper.

I think that deserves a :clap2:

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
chipped the goal keeper from just b4 the half way line and scored an over head outside the box.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
pinged one in from the halfway line , it had a bit of curl on it as well

also scored one , ran from the halfway line and megged everyone

(both were playground football but a goals a goal)

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
When I was at school I scored from the kick off. I saw their goalkeeper was up by the corner flag for some unknown reason so when we kicked off I booted it toward the goal and their keeper didn't run fast enough to stop the ball. :clap2:

My best goal would have been this one but iy was saved, we had a corner which was hit just outside the penalty area, I managed to hit it sweetly on the volley and was sure it was going in until their keeper suddenly appeared and saved it by the post.

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Quarter final of the County Cup when I was 16 (1972). We were 2-0 up and just before half-time we were awarded a free kick about 25 yards out. I saw the top right corner of the goal as clear as day and sent the kick over the wall and into that corner .... never did it again - a special memory.

We went in at half-time 3-0 up but the opposition fought back in the second half and it was 3-2 with 10 mins to go I handled on the line ... my keeper yelled abuse at me ........ but the ref didn't see it and we went on to win 3-2.

But justice was done as we were stuffed 7-1 in the semi final!!!!!

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
Not my best goal, but my best moment was performing a rainbow kick in a game, over my head and that of two on-rushing defenders.

I still can't believe it actually worked.

Eggman

Jul 8, 2003
West Sussex
A lovely Gazza style shoulder drop to round one defender and then a little look up and a thumped shot with my right which cannoned of a defenders back and straight back at me, without thinking Iv swung my weaker left at the ball from just outside the D. Caught it sweet and it flew arrow like into the top corner, crashing into the STANTION.

Keeper didn't see it.

Also a run down the line and a little dink over the on-rushing keeper fromoutside the box. Touch of class that one.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
I am a man of few goals, having played mostly as a left back.

I did score on my debut for my University though, playing on the right wing.

We had a corner that came in; the first shot was saved by the keeper, and the second deflected out to yours truly on the edge of the box. I controlled the ball, and looked up to see pretty much every player from both teams arrayed before me; it was clear a low shot wouldn't get through all the legs, but there was a visible gap to the top right corner so that is where I aimed for, and rifled my shot in off the underside of the crossbar, much to the disbelief of my team mates who all (rightfully) thought I was a shit player!!

:clap2:

Last edited:

Knightsworld

Aug 19, 2003
WSU, just below the seagull.
25 yard volley.

We had a corner, the ball was then headed out to me and just caught it sooooo sweetly with the outside of foot and it curled away from the keeper into the top corner.

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
MYOB said:

Shouldn't stop you. I was playing in goal for my school team, and managed to save a penalty which one of our defenders had given away.

In the second half, we brought in a new keeper, and I moved upfield, where we won a penalty which I smashed straight down the middle to win the game 1-0.

:clap2:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
A cheeky little effort playing five-a-side. A mate played the ball down the left hand side of the pitch as I ran across from the right. I saw the keeper come to the edge of his area to block the shot, so I played it off the side wall and into the net.

I was actually more pleased that I thought about trying it than I was that it went in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here