Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your First Ever Match At The Goldstone...

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Sadly I don't remember my first ever game but the first I do remember vividly was Crawley Town in the cup.

Weirdest game I ever saw there was Spurs vs Cologne in the Inter Toto.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
1961, but so long ago, I can't remember who it was against. My Dad, who took me, has passed on so I can't check with him.

Seagull Stew

Boxing Day 1982 V Southampton

I was 10 years old. Sitting in the South Stand right in the front row. I remember thinking just how very very hard these guys kick the bloody ball and actually being a little scared that it might hit me!

We lost 1-0 to a Danny Wallace goal (I think). Remember thinking what a great player Neil Smillie was, or maybe that's because I noticed him more because of his hair. :D

Didn't see my first Albion win until we beat Spurs 2-1 a little while later in the season.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
1990 vs Millwall - Bit of a late starter at 10 years old.

It was a boredraw from what I remember, but very exciting as we were taken as part of a school trip - lead by Sammy Nelson :bowdown:

Sat in the South Stand singing (in squeaky voices) "2 - 4 - 6 - 8 - Who do we appreciate?" :blush:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
1981, we lost 1-0 to Nottingham Forest in the old First Division. Ian Wallace scored in the South goal. Ginger wanker, as someone shouted.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
November 26th 1976... 4 days before my 8th birthday... Wrexham... not sure of the score but have the programme

My memory is rubbish and I can't really remember specific games... memories that do stick out tend to be to do with the big games between 77 and 79 and more to do with crowds and opposing fans than the football...

Tottenham: came in the North Stand I remember clearly being to the right of the goal, towards the front, and standing our ground as mayhem ensued and others took refuge on the pitch - then the North Stand resounding to "Hit 'im on the 'ead wiv a baseball bat" and "We are Tottenham" while the Brighton fans stayed quiet... but ultimately huge pride in our team as we trounced them on the pitch

West Ham: came down for a massive game (same season?)and "Pop" Robson scored twice - I stood with my Dad and by the time we got there the only space was over on the left towards the back and right next to the West Ham...!

Southampton: was another massive game and I think it was their fans that climbed to the top of the floodlight pylon in the away pen?

Blackpool: we couldn't get in the North and went round the East

that's about it...

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
1988 vs Sunderland.

We won 3-0

Chivers
Nelson
Penney

Marvellous!

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Sometime in 1985, don't ask me who it was against and what the score was 'cos I can't remember - there was a chap with a funny name playing for us though, Keown or something...

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Wigan Athletic in 87/88, April 9th i think. Alan Curbishley scored the only goal in a 1 nil win. Remains the only time I've touched the match ball after a wayward shot, into the South Stand

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Never had one. One visit through a side gate, shortly before closing, is all i'll ever have:nono:

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
It was sometime in the 1965/66 season, i.e. the season before the World Cup. Like Yorkie I can't remember who the opponents were. I THINK it was a draw.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here