Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your First Ever Match At The Goldstone...

Seagull Stew

ali jenkins said:
Home to Bmuff in the mid-90's i think, cant remember the score or the date but i loved it none the less and it was AWESOME!

Ah, i remember it was an EVENING game as i was allowed to stay up after my BED-TIME for it!

Was that the 3-3 game by any chance? If so, what an amazing game to start!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Brighton 2 - 4 Norwich. 27 Oct 1979. About 23000 there, we ended up bottom of the league after that one. And still I went back the following week. All I remember is John Fashanu warming up before the game, doing high kicks on the touchline when he fell on his arse! :lolol:

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
Sept 76 v Southend in the league cup.

Nobby scored twice and we won 2-0 :bowdown:

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Richie Morris said:
Sadly I don't remember my first ever game but the first I do remember vividly was Crawley Town in the cup.

Weirdest game I ever saw there was Spurs vs Cologne in the Inter Toto.

you must be like me getting old I also can't remember the match but can remember some of the players

powney
templeman (can't be sure he was there though)
Livesley
napier
napier

I knew I should have kept the old programmes to much:smokin: over the years methinks
:lolol:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
1963, we won of course. :)

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
77/78 season.Spurs, 3-1 to us......fighting all day long, among the worst scenes at the Goldstone, but it didn't put me off, in fact, i was hooked.:albion: :bowdown:

Wienergull

Geht in Ordnung
Jul 10, 2003
Berlin Mitte
Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
1988 vs Sunderland.

We won 3-0

Chivers
Nelson
Penney

Marvellous!

I remember that one really well as it the one and only match where I have been corporately entertained and got to go in the Directors' Box. Met the great Bill Nicholson beforehand and he seemed a bit sad when I asked him if he still went to White Hart Lane much. He said something to the effect that he wasn't invited any more. Lawro was also there that day.

My first Goldstone match was a 1-1 draw vs Stockport County in 1968. No idea who scored. Sat in the West Stand for that one, but quickly graduated to the south-west terrace, then the north west and ultimately to the North Stand. I'm feeling a bit tearful now.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Dec 67 v Swindon Town. My sis took me and we went in the north Stand. That 1st lsight of the pitch got me hooked, it had that magic, almost golden look.

Swindon were a top side. That season they not only went on to be promoted but also beat Arsenal in the League Cup Final at Wembley.

Pretty good start, better than the current 0-0's.

BTW, I remember that 5-1 win over Mansfield. Not sure who i was with, in the West Stand (terrace) but it was a guy from Coldean and either he, or his mate, had a young lad with him watching his 1st ever game.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
1976 ish

Brighton 2 Palace 0

30,000 ish gate :down: but with fans mingling together :ohmy: :clap: the way it should be

Palace had those Real Madrid wanabee shirts in those days White with a sash across the front. Not sure if they wanted to be Barcelona or Madrid I guess :lol:

Crystal_Palace_1976-1977.gif
l:

Last edited:

Sonic The Hedgehog

Oi Lino You're A Disgrace
Jul 7, 2003
Wetherspoons, Fareham
February 1971 v Preston

Drew 0-0 and we missed a penalty :dunce:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here