Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your Favourite Things About Football?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I love those goals when you KNOW its a goal well before the ball ripples the net. Sometimes you just get that perfect viewpoint when you can see its on target/curling in all the way, and its going to be well beyond the despairing dive of the keeper.

Sadly the latest one of these I can vividly recall was Orients 2nd in the last minute at Brisbane Road last season :down:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Enjoying a hearty chuckle at the sad MONGS who cry when their team gets relegated on the last day of the season.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
retaken penalties

faded or ageing former stars plying their trade in the lower leagues taking abuse good naturedly

listening to lads hamming up their accents at northern tea bars at half time trying to be charming and impress the girls serving

Stoichkov

The Miserable Bulgarian
Jul 26, 2004
Brighton
How about goals where the ball rebounds out from the back of the net and the scorer either smashes the ball back into the net or, even better, up into the back of the stands

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
How about goals where the ball rebounds out from the back of the net and the scorer either smashes the ball back into the net or, even better, up into the back of the stands

Or what about when the ball bounces out of the net and the ref doesn't give the goal to Palace :lolol::laugh::lolol:

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
great thread mate - IMHO, and much of this is agreeing with others;
not just off the bar and in but off the post and in too...
jumpers for goalposts, mum calling you in for tea (again I know)
injury time 1-0's
away atmosphere as was when we stood like baked beans
full stretch diving headers
night games, nothing like floodlights for focusing you on the pitch
winning away from home
over achieving against patently better opposition, something we can all appreciate
watching my little boy take to the game, despite being surrounded by AFL, like a duck to water
relegation and promotion battles
so many things, so little time.....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here