Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Seen some good ones, namely

Cinema - War of the Worlds 8.5 out of 10

Cinema - Crash 8.0 out of 10

Cinema - Cinderella Man 8.5 out of 10

* Cinema - Star Wars Sith 6.5 out of 10 *

DVD Hire - The Machinist 9 out of 10

this film Serenity looks the dogs do das, 8.6 out of 10 on imdb which places it in the top range films of all time, a space battle that blows away the Sith, also must see Wallace and Gromit, curse of the were rabbit. History of Violence look promising with Cronenburg at his best, want to see Batman Begins on DVD with Christian Bale.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Easy, did you see War of the Worlds ?.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Cinema: Ones i enjoyed the most were Batman Begins, Sideways, A History of Violence, Aristocrats, The Consequences of Love.
Didn't see many blockbusters. More and more, they just seem to be 2 hours i can't remember. I recall the taste of the big cup of Minstrels i eat more than the film.

DVD: i've seen some god-awful shit this year through the reviewing thing. I saw a whole Vin Diesel film. *shudder*. I loved Old Boy and was given a copy of I'm Not Scared, which was my favourite cinema film last year.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Sideways - DVD, now owned 8.5 out of 10, superb.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Favourite, The Ashes DVD :clap2:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Uncle Spielberg said:
Easy, did you see War of the Worlds ?.
Yes, and I thought that was superb as well. Got panned by some snobby critics, but it pressed all my buttons. Terrific entertainment (although the ending was an anticlimax).

I loved Sin City though. Fresh and different, and it looked bloody amazing. Hopefully it'll do something to relaunch Micky Rourke too, always been quite an underrated actor IMHO.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Meade's_Ball said:
I saw a whole Vin Diesel film. *shudder*.
I hope for your sake it wasn't The Pacifier.
If it was, you have my deepest sympathy.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
I find the poster to The Pacifier quite funny, but i don't know why they thought they could top Kindergarten Cop or Mr Nanny.

It was The Chronicles of Riddick.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Easy - Spielberg could only go on the Wells book which is how it ended. If it was anti climatic its down to Wells.

The scene when the tripod came out of the ground at the start rising to its magnificent 400 feet had me salivating like a rabid dog. That 10 minute scene was worth the entrance money alone.

Most underrated film of the year is The Cinderella Man.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Meade have you seen it ?. I thought it was excellent or is this your usual put down for put downs sake.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Uncle Spielberg said:
Easy - Spielberg could only go on the Wells book which is how it ended. If it was anti climatic its down to Wells.
S'pose.
I just think there should have been more lazers and killing and stuff.

But you're right, the first bit where it comes out of the ground is jaw-dropping stuff. I almost stood up and said "AAAAAARRRRRGGGHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAaaaaaaaa"

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Uncle Spielberg said:
Meade have you seen it ?. I thought it was excellent or is this your usual put down for put downs sake.

:)
I gave away my free tickets. I couldn't bring myself to go. So yes it's a putdown for the sake of it.

I don't like the director or any of the actors though, so i felt i had good reason.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
So you have formed and posted an opinion without actually seeing it ?. ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here