although can never discount

jalfreizi
dhansak

Do looovvveeee currys , going for one tonight

Sonic

Spiky little bugger!
Jul 6, 2003
Patcham
Chicken Tikka Massala, although the Shahi in Beaconsfield Road do a very nice variation called Chicken Tikka Nowab. Spot on! :thumbsup:

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Chicken Dhansak for me.

On the subject of foreign food invented locally I believe that Chop Suey was created in the USA by a Chinese chef wanting to make something that would appeal to the American palate - ie looks exotic but tastes totally bland.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Lamb bhuna with mushroom bhajee please.

Yoda

English & European
Chicken Tikka Pathia or Chicken Sashlik(sp) Massala or Shahi Chicken or my own, home made, Chicken Jalfreizi.

I can't decide and I'm sure I've missed a couple. :nono:

Hadlee

Oct 27, 2003
Southwick
Chicken Patila (From Rajah, Windmill Parade, Southwick)

Tarka Dhall, Rice, Mushroom Bhaji, and pint of Tiger to wash it down.

caz99

Jun 2, 2004
Sompting
Chicken Tikka Dhansak. hot - keema nan and the dish with spinach and chick peas. sag garbi?

Hadlee

Oct 27, 2003
Southwick
Perry Milkins said:
Not the Chicken Patila from the Ahmedabad in Wadebridge then?

The only place I have ever seen Patila on the menu was the Rajah !

Do you like Patila then ?

Re: Re: Re: Your Favourite Curry Dish?

BensGrandad said:
The same is often said about Chinese that it is a Western Eropean invention and that you will never find it in China but I do not know I have never been to China.
When I lived in Italy in the seventies, I used to travel to Florence a fair bit and found cheap accommodation in a place above a Chinese restaurant.

Italians are very particular about the structure of a meal. The pasta or rice course is always served before the main course. In this Chinese eating house, the menu was roughly the same as any British equivalent. The difference was that they wouldn't bring you the meat portions until you had finished eating the rice.

As you say ... we Europeans rarely get to experience anything other than Chinese-flavoured meals, or curries with a hint of South Asia.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here