Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your favourite away day

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
Given the fact most of the towns/cities we play in seem to be labelled 'dumps' or 'shit holes' just wondering which places are nsc-ers favourites to visit?

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Sheffield was a good day this year, and Carlisle is always a good day out.

I quite like Millwall aswell, mainly for the atmosphere though.

MK Dons is also up there as thats quite a good day out.

I think an away day isnt so much about the team or town/city you go to, its more about who you go with and what you do in the town.

Going with a good group of mates and having a good laugh and going to a decent pub or two is what makes it good. Its about the adventure of going to a place that you havent been before or dont go to very often and having a good laugh.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Either of the Nottingham teams.

Peterborough :thumbsup:

Fizzifish

Nov 17, 2010
Tranmere is my favourite, absolutely love the ground, the fans, the ambience, the view, the weather, the food, the program, the players etc etc

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Away days are nearly always fun. Anywhere but Brentford that is - crap stadium, always seem to get stuffed. And the one time we weren't and won through Nelson's wonder goal, I got chased by a gang of meatheads through some god-foresaken housing estate.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
As said above the majority of away days are a laugh if your with the right people. Team names on league table suddenly become reality, with streets, pubs, people, memories - You can't beat travelling away in my opinion. A lot of the time the day out far outweighs the actual match.

I like Sheffield, Lincoln, Huddersfield, Peterborough, Cambridge have to admit wasn't too keen on Swindon.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I enjoy Millwall a lot, the whole day is usually top. Carlisle has been great for the trip, not always the result though :down:

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
Peterborough
Cambridge
Norwich
And I have an inexplicable soft spot for St James Park, Exeter

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Exeter is a lovely city with great character. Night life was good there, full of students on a Tuesday night.

Wycombe for the White Horse. Nice Latvian girl with a well kept fanny last time in there. :love:

Burton Albion. Hundreds of pubs with real ale and a very friendly club.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I used to like a trip to Shrewsbury's old ground, I like the atmosphere when we play Palace and the friendliest fans I've met were from Notts County.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
always enjoyed luton away to be honest. don't know why everybody hates it so much. easy train trip, proper ground tucked into terraces, slightly menacing atmosphere outside the ground... all boxes i like ticked on my away days.

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
Away days are nearly always fun. Anywhere but Brentford that is - crap stadium, always seem to get stuffed. And the one time we weren't and won through Nelson's wonder goal, I got chased by a gang of meatheads through some god-foresaken housing estate.

Oh that was you who ran passed me that day! Sorry I didn't help by the way :(

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Favourite is Exeter, for the reasons outlined above, found a pub full of friendly locals a stone's throw from the ground...just a very good day out. Can't understand the complaints about Brentford, that is another of my favourites...possibly because a chunk of my family hail from that part of London and support them, there used to be a pub on every corner of the ground...which has to be regarded as a positive. Tidy little ground with a fairly decent atmosphere in it.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
So all of you who like going to Milwall enjoy being penned up by the police in a cage like f***ing animals after the game before being permitted to board a train?

Disgusting police treatment.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
special mention to west ham too... that's always a CORKING away trip (although i didn't attend the cup game there a few years back, but presume that was similar to the previous times we've played there)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here