Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

your favorite ground ???

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Yes, Your fave Ground? ?

Everyone is putting their favourite ground as a domestic ground and then Leeds come on and refer to theirs being
san Siro.

Obviously refering to their time abroad in the champs league, which is the average come back I get from the Leeds fans oop north here?

Sorry, Im sure TheWhiteRose_LUFC is top geezer, but after 2-3 years of being slagged off by Leeds fans (who are not such top geezers, I have grown to not like em that much!)

;)

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
If we are talking internationally,

then perhaps San Siro would be up there, but from what I have seen Bernabau is impressive!

:clap:

Yoda

English & European
The Stade de France
stade2-d.jpg

The Olympic Stadium in Athens
_39946084_olympcistadium.jpg

The Millenium stadium for me.
millenium_stadium.jpg

:p

Last edited:

Oct 20, 2004
The Northstander - i understand where you coming from but you aren't alone in getting the sh!t, Leeds fans get it everywhere chants of going bust, Istanbul ect.

Its just one of those things in life.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
White Hart Lane
The new Estadio de Luz
Millennium Stadium

For some reason, I always liked Barnet. I guess because we always won there.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
No wait, I am well up for a laugh at any time and can happily take a piss-take and give it back. I know Brighton are not the biggest the team in the Uk and that we have financial probs.

But when someone is slaggin me off and actually meaning to sound like they HATE me for it coz I'm NOT a Leeds fan, making out they are the biggest in team in the world! Well they can F*** RIGHT OFF with their fookin head up their own fookin arse attitude.

Thats my rant of the day over with!

:lolol:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Millenium Stadium
Nou Camp
Estadio D'Olimpico (Seville)
Goldstone
Gay Meadow.

Oct 20, 2004
Wouldn't worry about it Northstander, they were probably one of the 10,000 who dissapeared from the games.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
TheWhiteRose_LUFC said:
Wouldn't worry about it Northstander, they were probably one of the 10,000 who dissapeared from the games.

:lolol:

Do you know I work with some lads who are "Die Hard Leeds!", so I say to em you off to the game this weekend?

Reply : No I stopped going ages ago, they're shite now!!

*I walk away in bemusement*

so they slag me off for being a Brighton fan (not jokinly too I add), and they don't even go to any HOME games for the team they say they are die hard fans of!!

:shootself :lolol:

Oct 20, 2004
The REAL fans know the struggle we are going to have this season, we all know its not going to be easy and its not going to be pretty but we'll still follow our team!

Forever and Ever! :clap2:

Ex Shelton Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Block G, Row F, Seat 175
Millerntor Stadion for me. Home of FC St Pauli. It's like a step back into the past. 3/5 of the ground is terracing, real old terracing, the north terrace seems to be constructed out of mud with a few crush barriers scattered around.
One stand that looks like the old West Stand at the Goldstone with seats above terracing. A small all-seated stand is opposite that one with an all terraced south stand where the visiting fans stand. It's got a real old scoreboard where 2 blokes manually put up the signs indicating the score.
What really sets it off is its location. Right near the reeperbahn with bars scattered liberally around the area. At the back of the North terrace stands a huge concrete behemoth of a building, I still don't know what it's purpose is. Behind that is the huge spire of the Hamburg TV tower.
Go during the Dom festivals and a huge fairground springs up right next to the ground. Behind the stands you can see a ferris wheel, rollercoaster and other rides. You can visit one of the large number of bars set up in the fairground or go on some of the rides. I always try and go to a friday night match when the ground really comes into its own with the fairground lit up behind the stadium, the rollercoaster cars suddenly rushing into view behind the west stand and then quickly ducking back down again.
Yeah, the toilets are terrible and when it rains you're screwed cos both ends are uncovered, but for me it's a little slice of football nostalgia, a historical relic that's still functioning.

That said I must admit to quite liking the AOL Arena, home of H$V, even though we never win there. It's one of the most impressive new stadiums that i've been to. A UEFA 5 star stadium that has terracing. You see Football Licensing committee? It can be done! The World Cup in 2 years time should see some great stadiums in use. The Westfalenstadion is an amazing sight, like a traditional 4 sided ground on steroids. The Arena Auf Schalke has a great atmosphere when the roof is shut and is an improvement on the old Parkstadion IMO. The Alianz Arena in Munich looks amazing, like nothing i've ever seen. A fully enclosed stadium with an almost translucent roof.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here