Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

your favorite ground ???

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells
http://www.dynamo-dresden.de/panorama/index.htm

I went to dynamo Dresdens ground about three years ago to watch them play aachen (I think).

You want an atmosphere!!?? f*** me boys it was electric - they were absloutley rammed inot the ground on terracing. Noise was incessant, and I managed to get three blokes next to me to sing Seagulls!!

It really was the best nights atmosphere I have ever been to in that, as a neutral I ended up going beserk when they scored the winner.

Some really distateful shit before the ground Neo Nazis etc, and the are renown to be some of the worst hooligans in Europe, but not recently as they have struggled for years.

Unbelievable night, incredible game and fantastic stadium. I remember looking away to our left and seeing the away fans stood, cacking themselves, not singing, not talking, just stood waiting to ge out and get home. Kind of worth a 1 goald head start.

The County Ground Hove - bars open at 10.30 am!!!!!

Melbourne Cricket Ground - only 3/4 built and it still held 67,000 in comfort with great views

Lords - history n all

Sydney Cricket ground - and England win!!!!!!!

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
FC Zenit's ground is pretty good from what I saw of it.

In England it would have to be the Old Wembley
In the world it would have to be the Skydome in Toronto

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
bha.fatboy said:
FC Zenit's ground is pretty good from what I saw of it.

In England it would have to be the Old Wembley
In the world it would have to be the Skydome in Toronto

The Old Wembley was a complete shitehole.

Best grounds I've been to

1) Millennium stadium
2) Ibrox - much better than it looks on TV
3) Highbury
4) Madjeski

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Sneaky George said:
The Old Wembley was a complete shitehole.

If it is that bad then why do the greatest players to have ever graced God's beautiful game rate Wembley as the best place to play in the world and that it is the spiritual home of football :glare:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
highbury - went there for the carling cup match with rotherham last season. was great, easy to get too on the tube, and the atmosphere around the ground was great. people selling sweets and stuff in there front gardens, brilliant

other than that, hillsbrough as well as it is modern but still has that old english ground feel to it. the valley is nice as well, and so is the city of manchester

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
bha.fatboy said:
If it is that bad then why do the greatest players to have ever graced God's beautiful game rate Wembley as the best place to play in the world and that it is the spiritual home of football :glare:

True, players did love going there but there is the world of difference between going there as a player; the history, the big game, huge crowds, famous dressing rooms, winning a trophy, the steps up to the Royal Box etc etc and going as a fan which is what the thread is all about. Old Wembley had terrible transport links, soul destroying queues, awful facilities, crap views, over priced food and merchandise and always had loads of complete morons about.

Yes, is was the home of football, but that doesn't automatically make it the best ground does it? The new Wembley should be fantastic though.

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Sneaky George said:
going as a fan which is what the thread is all about. Old Wembley had terrible transport links, soul destroying queues, awful facilities, crap views, over priced food and merchandise and always had loads of complete morons about.
but that doesn't automatically make it the best ground does it? The new Wembley should be fantastic though.

Bit of a contridiction in terms there mate.

Everything you state you hate about the old ground will surely be there in the new one seeing as it never moved, the same morons will go as before and everything else that you have said.

I for one loved Wembley and I wish I was good enough to play there. the Atmos was always great, I never got a bad view and the only thing that spoilt it in my opinion was when they took the terraces away.

I will agree it could have been better but for me just hearing the name gives me a warm glow inside

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Mill stad for me.

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Good see that so many Albion fans' favourite ground is situated in a Third World country.....

My personal favourite at the moment is Reading's Madejski Stadium, simply because I've had a great time every time we've played there - even last year, when we lost.

I've also throughly enjoyed all three visits to Molineux. They really hate us at Wolves, so the atmosphere is always electric when we go there.

Last edited:

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
1 Millennium Stad
2 Goldstone Maine Rd Highbury

Best modern club stad = Pride Park

Good trips = Peterborough Hartlepool and Brisbane Road before Barry Hearn got his hands on it.

Kev the Ape

1. Hillsbrough
2.Goldstone Ground
3. Highbury
4. City Ground
5. St james park
6. Old Trafford
7. Walker's Stadium
8. madejeski stadium
9. Millenium stadium
10. Bramall Lane.

thats my top ten favourite grounds.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
National Stadium - Cardiff

League - Old Trafford.

I went to Hillsborough last year. It's a big ground but in need of a lick of paint!

I do enjoy my visits to the MAD STAD. It is a nice ground. As is Arsenal.

Looking forward to my first visits to Sunderland, Derby and Leeds.

Last edited:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
The Laughing Bluebird said:
Good see that so many Albion fans' favourite ground is situated in a Third World country.....

You LOVE us really TLB :kiss:

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
bha.fatboy said:
Bit of a contridiction in terms there mate.

Everything you state you hate about the old ground will surely be there in the new one seeing as it never moved, the same morons will go as before and everything else that you have said.

I for one loved Wembley and I wish I was good enough to play there. the Atmos was always great, I never got a bad view and the only thing that spoilt it in my opinion was when they took the terraces away.

I will agree it could have been better but for me just hearing the name gives me a warm glow inside

Ok, not the most watertight argument I've ever made. What you say about transport and prices is true. And yes, I too liked going there, sometimes. ( Some England games totally ruined by apallinmg rascism) BUT... the very fact they pulled it down, means that it was a stadium way past its best and needed to re-built.

To contradict myself even further, it's a shame it's not going to be 100,000 though, that always looked good in the papers. Let's hope we get to go to the new Wembley relatively soon with the Albion. Now there's a thought to give a warm glow inside.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Wembley WAS great but, just like Hillsborough, It desperately needed updating for the 21st Century.

I'm looking forward to it coming back but I'm also pleased I had the opportuntity to go to the Millenium Stadium in May!

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Wembley was a dump - like Southend, I couldn't fit into the seats, and I'm hardly freakishly tall. I don't suppose the prices will be much better at the new one, but at least I might have a decent seat and not be right behind a hulking great pillar.

It used to be Brockville, but now it's a f***ing Morrisons. Will be checking out their new ground this weekend, though.

I adore Firs Park - there's just something about it. Gayfield Park has an atmosphere all about it, too - usually filled with sea spray.

Down south, I've always enjoyed being packed into the terrace behind the goal at London Road. I was quite impressed with Bootham Crescent on a recent visit, too.

Basically, the only grounds that are ever going to be in my top ten have to have behind-the-goal terracing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here