Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your defence

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
As i said in July, you would start off well, most promoted teams do. But you've been found out. The only goood result you have had is Cardiff away. The rest of the wins have been agaisnt shite like Donny, P'boro, Pompey and Bristol City.

Judging by the reports in the local press the only decent result you've had is against us. We're still above you and it's worth noting that our current player of the seasin (Central Defender Adam ElAbd) has been out sinec the end of last season. Are we making excuses ? No, Are you boring and pointless ? Yes, very much so. Go and find a Lidl to loot.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
Top 6 Watch the Eagles fly, Jon Williams,Wilfried Zaha and Glen Murray will rip this league apart.

Beating us does not make you a top six side, as much as that defeat does not make us mid-table fodder. I said it before on the night, and I say it again, my annoyance and anger with the defeat to you was that we were not beaten by a 'better team'. Yes you deserved it on the night, but you are deluding yourself if you think that what you have will make you into a top six team.

And before you say it, most Albion fans will quite happily take 10th - 14th this year, anything else probably disappointing, anything higher a bonus.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Judging by the reports in the local press the only decent result you've had is against us. We're still above you and it's worth noting that our current player of the seasin (Central Defender Adam ElAbd) has been out sinec the end of last season. Are we making excuses ? No, Are you boring and pointless ? Yes, very much so. Go and find a Lidl to loot.

Don't try and explain things to him. He is criticising our ability to beat teams like Posh and Doncaster when Palace lost to them both

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
He seems right about the defence really, though Dunk is worth a lot more than 500k, and Greer is solid.

Tummy Burger

Aug 1, 2003
Haywards Heath
As i said in July, you would start off well, most promoted teams do. But you've been found out. The only goood result you have had is Cardiff away. The rest of the wins have been agaisnt shite like Donny, P'boro, Pompey and Bristol City.

Brilliant. LOL. The same shite Donny and Peterboro that you lost to. Fuckin Clown.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Don't try and explain things to him. He is criticising our ability to beat teams like Posh and Doncaster when Palace lost to them both

Good point well made :thumbsup:. I've said elsewhere that when they beat us it's the only time they have had a decent mention in the Evening Standard. Seeing as I live closer to Palace than any other team I still get far better and bigger reports about both Millwall and Charlton. Even Bromley Town get more coverage than Palace.

To be honest, for all intents and purposes our derby has been their cup final. Even the visit of the 'mighty' West Ham has generated less coverage.

JJB

Mar 16, 2011
New Forest
As a saints fan, I can't see being palace fan as being something to shout about. Brighton will finish above you, and when we nab Clyne off you in January we'll be finishing well above you.

LS6

Nov 9, 2010
The thing I like is that, apart from Cardiff away, we haven't aaaactually played very well. We are 5th. Palace are acting like they are having their best season ever. They are 12th.

Now what was that old saying...when you don't play well but still pick up wins you are a....bad team? Oh wait, gooood team.

Oh and by the way, the second half v the looters was basically defence v attack. The defence kept out until the 10 minutes. I don't think the defence is the issue.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
Give Croydon Bloke the benefit of the doubt on this one. He asked a legitimate question, one that we Brighton fans ask ourselves, I'm sure.

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
i wouldn't say our defence is suddenly crap. Once we cut out the individual errors & learn to close down defences better the clean sheets will come thick and fast again.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park

We've lost THREE games. Yes, we've beaten shite like Donny and Peterborough who just happen to have already beaten Palace this year. Yes, we need to adapt (another thing that all promoted teams have to do). Our best defender last season is on his way back from injury, we've got our own youth set up, we'll spend in January and we'll loan players. We'll be fine thank you very much

f*** me, a win against us (who we are repeatedly told, are a small club in your shadow) and a draw against West Ham and you're suddenly worldbeaters. I wonder how long it will take the wheels to come off your latest revival. I'll give it two games.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
So?.........we never said we were going to piss on this tin-pot little league, did we (unlike Scumhampton). Sure, we were felighted / elated by our start, and quite rightly so - W5, D1, L0 - but taken that as the form for a season, no way - no team has ever gone throught this league (and probably not many others, excepth the SPL) with a record along the lines of P46, W37, D9, L0...it'll probably never happen.
Many of our team are not experienced at this level - some will rise to the challenge, others will find that League 1 is their limit - so what's odd about that? Without 4 points being thrown away by conceding last minute equalisers, we'd be higher up than we are now (and I'm not complaining about where we are now!)
We're doing OK! The good ship Gus is well on course - only surprises have been walloping Cardiff away, and blowing it against some mob from Croydon at home.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
3 in against Leeds, Palace and Ipswich are you worrying about that? Is the Championship all of a sudden a bridge too far for some of them?

Enjoy your last hurrah, you lot are like King Canute trying to stop the tide coming in. Your bragging rights are coming to an end. You may have delayed the inevitable, bit you cannot stop it.

Sent from my wardrobe whilst watching Susannah Reid and Sian Williams enjoy a clam sandwich.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here