Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your biggest Albion disappointment?

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
21 May 1983 - about 5.20 pm (to date)

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011
The ref giving Notts County that corner that never was during the play off final which led to a goal. Changed the game after that incident and missed our chance of top flight football. Which also led to 20 years of ups and downs in the lower leagues. Who knows what might have been if we went up that year?

Lost before kick-off due to Lloyd's formation. Warnock flooded midfield including some bruisers like O'Riordan.
When Lloyd finally woke up for the second half, too late.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Has it happened yet?

Yes missing out in 1991 at Wembley-Tommy (bloody) Johnson ruined my summer,took me 3 months to get over it,following year we were relegated and the "war years" were soon to be upon us-everything since and now .......it's back pay or should i say pay back.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Wembley FA replay
Beating Blackpool only to find out that Southampton and Spurs had conspired to draw.

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011
30 April 2006. Brighton 1 -5 Stoke. Going down with a whimper. Loft, Carole & co.

Seems light years away now, but a lesson in "never again".

Last edited:

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011
THIS. I was 17 at the time and cried like a girl !

40,999 felt like it too, whilst a meagre 17,000 for a poorly supported small club celebrated at the other end.

But I don't think we'd have lasted a season up there, and would have been annihilated in some games at that time.

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
Selling Dean Saunders

Also mightily disappointed when Liverpool came from behind in extra-time to beat us in cup replay at the Goldstone

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
FA Cup Final replay 1983
Play Off Final 1991
Stoke Away (take your pick - but specifically a mid week 1-0 defeat a few years ago when we were relegated from the Championship)

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here