Apr 18, 2004
St. Anmore
in terms of what he did while he was here - micky a

but i think the best manager we've had is coppell

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Mullery without a doubt.... think Taylor was great at putting a side together maybe but he was nto the world's best at gettign teams to win...... Mullery was.

After that maybe Taylor, maybe Bailey as it's about the club.. not entertainment... and then MA.

Gritt saved the club yes but great manager? I don't think so.

Without Limits

Jan 14, 2007
Lewes Road Area
Clough saw it more as publicity, but he did make that needed clear out that a lesser manager could not have done.

Taylor I, probably the best judge of a player wioth ward & horton being the best examples.

Mullers. What a dream to be handed such a good, ready made, team. About 6 mths before he had to add to it. mullers was great buyt he had Bamber with ambition and the momentum of a winning side.

Bailey was negative. Had some great results until team sussed us. It got to a stage of going away and once the others had scored it was game over.

Melia. gave us back our smile & style and tthe FA Cup run.

Catlin. had the commitment, didn't have the backing.

Lloyd. Took us from big time to small time.

Brady. gave us hope. marvellous tactics but not the players to do the job. By now the club had the cancer of Stanley, Bellotti & Archer.

Case. Set up as a patsy. Shame that such a playing legend should suffer so.

Gritt. Nobody wanted him but he got on and did his stuff. will forever be a legend for doing the impossible and saving us. Sure that wasn't in bellotti's plan.

Horton. Playing hero, was heading that way as a manager until he jumped ship for a bigger club. Where is he now?

Adams.Took over a poor side and turned them into champions. Gave us back our pride, gave a side of men instead of the usual push overs. Told it how it was and if any player didn't try then he was out. Really threw himself into the job, the club and the fans.

Taylor II. Always suspect. Ok with other people'players but his signings were shocking. Knew he'd be found out so jumped ship. Doing a fine job of taking palace nowhere and destroying his legendary status there.

McGhee. Started well but inflexable andfell out with too many at the expence of the team.

Wilkins. Has potential. has worked with these youngsters for many years. Be patient, it will come.

My tope 3 would be
1 Adams
2 mullers
3. taylor I

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Wholeheartedly agree with 'without limits', especially as i wrote it.

he'll cop it when I catch him for leaving himself logged in on my comp!

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Mullery
Peter Taylor 2nd
Mark McGhee
Micky Adams
Jimmy Melia - for Cup Final
Steve Gritt

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Egg on faces for those who voted Adams I fear. I am totally astounded that anyone who has watched the Albion for any length of time can even consider him in the top 5

D

Deleted User X18H

clough 73-74 taylor 74-76 mullery 76-81- baily 81-82 Melia 82-83
Catlin 83-86 Mullery 86-87 Lloyd 87-93 Brady 93-95 Case 95-96 Gritt 97-98 Horton 98-99 Wood 99-99 Adams 99-2001 taylor 2001-2002 Hinsh 2002-2002 Coppell 2002-2003 Mchee 2003-2006 Wilkins 2006 - til probably 2008

I have only just noticed this Hove Born and Petulengro or what!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here