Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your bad experiences of amatuer football

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Having a bad experience right now, however probably off the thread line a bit... an SCFL chairman that isn't fit for the post, that is all.

Dowling93

Jun 22, 2009
Brighton
I played for Saltdean United under 18's a couple of years ago, One of our players that is George Parris' son, who also happened to be one of our best players went to flick the ball over a player coming in for a sliding tackle and the other player caught him and broke his ankle we thought it was cramp so somebody tried to help him then we realised what he had done

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
Well I lost 16-0 last night at pitch invasion last night. And to top it off I bought a ball so the team could have a kick about before the game and I forgot to take it home. Was a fun night though.

Aadam

Resident Plastic
Feb 6, 2012
Well I lost 16-0 last night at pitch invasion last night. And to top it off I bought a ball so the team could have a kick about before the game and I forgot to take it home. Was a fun night though.

Was that last night?

coagulantwolf

Jun 21, 2012
Whitehawk manager pulling out a knife/machete type thing at the ref for his 'poor display' in an U12's County Cup Semi final. Going back around 7 years.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
At an under 8's tournament at waterhall recently someone in my son's side ( nice suburban boys from mid sussex)had a bit of a tussle with a kid from the opposition (hawks youth, which i think are a whitehawk side) and decided to slap him, the hawks kid , walked away , thought about it then came back with some pretty good left right combinations , prompting instant panicked flight with tears streaming down his face from the kid in our team when he realised he'd bitten off more than he could chew :lolol:

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Playing for the now defunct Alliance & Leicester club, in a game over somewhere in East Brighton, the changing rooms were a large shed with a partition wall,... no showers. After we won the game quite easily, brains over brawn, we were getting dressed when a penis appeared through a hole in the wall and proceeded to piss all over our side, including into the kit bag of the guy next to me..... rough old place that.

Last edited:

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
I used to watch the footy at Waterhall, or break-a-leg-alley as it was known. Not pretty. Punch ups galore of course, anyone else know the Jutton brothers? Entertaining stuff :)

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Our School played in a cup final against Stanley Deason, ordinarily we used to beat them comfortably. This occasion was different as it was a few months after one of their team mates and friend Jay Kensett was murdered. To cut a long story short Deason provided transport for about 600 of the school to go to the game which was held at Leylands park, during the game two of our subs were attacked whilst warming up and two footed challenges were constantly ignored by the ref who had completely bottled it. They ended up beating us 1-0 and was the only time in 5 years they ever got within 3 goals of us.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Our School played in a cup final against Stanley Deason, ordinarily we used to beat them comfortably. This occasion was different as it was a few months after one of their team mates and friend Jay Kensett was murdered. To cut a long story short Deason provided transport for about 600 of the school to go to the game which was held at Leylands park, during the game two of our subs were attacked whilst warming up and two footed challenges were constantly ignored by the ref who had completely bottled it. They ended up beating us 1-0 and was the only time in 5 years they ever got within 3 goals of us.
leylands park in burgess hill ? which was your school ?

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Sunday football is a morning licence to some people to just pick a fight and maim people !!
Have managed Sunday sides for years in the West Kent Sunday League.
JESUS H CHRIST THE LORD ON A HALFORDS CHEAPY !!
I have seen more blood on Sunday mornings than i ever did working in A & E,
some people just shouldn't even be on the streets let alone playing Sunday footy.

My worst experience was playing for my Uni first team (Uni of East London).
We were playing Tower Hamlets College back in 94 and the dressing room was an old ships
cargo container converted.
The side we played were all black lads (being that, that particular area obviously has a large black population) and were proper nice guys !
However their supporters weren't as friendly, there must have been at least 120 of them.
There was about 15 or so of us mixture of all colours and races etc.
So we play the game , we beat them 3-1 and were then chased by their supporters who had knives, batons, one had an axe, baseball bats etc etc
back to our cargo container !!
Having then realised that it had a thick bolt on the INSIDE !! obviously we now knew why !!
Somehow we managed to get in, bolt the door, and me being the only one with a big brick mobile (thank god) rang the old bill !!!
We were stuck in that container for 1 1/2 hrs while the Fuzz battled with them outside and carted most of them away.
UTTERLY MENTAL !!!

Nov 20, 2003
hove
playing at nevil playing fields about 14 years ago mrs came to watch with the dog he trotted along behind her then cocked his leg and pissed on the linesman . he wasnt a happy bunny :eek:

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
Finished my career when I did my cartilege in a pre-season friendly at the top of Wilson Avenue by the side of the racecourse. The council used to have pitches up there until they were deemed too dangerous. Too late for me.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Finished my career when I did my cartilege in a pre-season friendly at the top of Wilson Avenue by the side of the racecourse. The council used to have pitches up there until they were deemed too dangerous. Too late for me.

I remember them pitches, if it was in the middle of winter or blowing a gale not a place I liked to be! Also anyone remember the pitches at the side of Ditchling road just before Varndean if you are heading into Brighton, just a slight slope!!!

Chinster

Aug 7, 2011
I was sorting out the fixture list the other day and got a really nasty paper cut! does that count?

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
I used to be a park football ref, seen all sorts.

Abandoned a game when the wife/girlfriend of a player ran on the pitch and attacked an opposition player.

Abandoned a friendly when a mass brawl kicked off.

Sent off a player less than 30 seconds after his appearance on the pitch as a sub after he walked onto the pitch, straight up to the oppo striker and punched him in the face.

Been called a racist after booking a <insert PC description here> player, despite the fact I had already booked 3 white players.

Was running the line at a county league game, gave an off-side, the CF mooned me and was promptly dismissed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here