Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

You know you're getting old when .....

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
I first realised I was getting on, when people stopped giving me nightclub flyers in the street...

This!!!!

Old persons protest chant:

(Lead) 'What do we want'

(All) 'We don't know'

(Lead) 'When do we want it'

(All) 'Want what?'

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
When you spy an item of clothing in a shop and think "Oooh, that looks comfortable". Or "waterproof", or "warm".

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
..when you are filling out an online form and you have to scroll down to enter your birth year.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
You choose your destination of hostelry by whether you can get a seat or not.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
When you get pissed off when the media put out statistics which suggest nothing important happened in football before 1992.

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
When a dolly at a bus stop beckons you to get on before her :cry:

(And any man who says it is chivalrous to let a woman get on before him really means it gives a good opportunity to check out her arse :lolol: )

Lurker

62 years and counting ...
Mar 8, 2010
West Midlands
... when some kid on a message board says "some old prick ( about late 40's )" and it's not the word 'prick' that offends you ....

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
When you have to tilt your head upwards, to see the screen through the right part of your varifocals.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
When steak & ale pie flavour crisps remind you of when you remember cheese & onion flavour being the new kid on the block.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
..when you have no idea who is in the charts

Or you're old enough to be invisible to them, so you can gawp at them to your heart's content without them noticing.

This tidbit was brought to you by Silver Linings 'R' Us.

YOU may be invisible to them, but unless I qualify as 'too young' - they almost always seem to check to see if I notice 'em. ???
However, I must add that they pull down the shirt or at the hem of the skirt after passing..... so I suppose any attention :p is not being exactly encouraged :down:

[yt]92tKKrxJVM4[/yt]

... when some kid on a message board says "some old prick ( about late 40's )" and it's not the word 'prick' that offends you ....

Lol! True though.
I got into something with some lanky lug in his early 20's in a bar once, and he shouted to his mate about "these old '40-year-olds' think we should grow up" (actually we said nowt to or about his crew, but anyway....)
I felt momentarily flattered, being as I was/am still in my 50s.
Still knocked him on his arse when he went for me though, for old times. :lolol:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
As Fred Wedlock said " When it takes you all night to do what you used to do all night, you're the oldest swinger in town "

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here