Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

You know you're getting old when .....

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Or you're old enough to be invisible to them, so you can gawp at them to your heart's content without them noticing.

This tidbit was brought to you by Silver Linings 'R' Us.

True, although I've been leching for years through the medium of dark sunglasses. I have eyes like a chameleon, and can swivel them to almost impossible angles to track some precocious sluttage, whilst my head remains largely static.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
True, although I've been leching for years through the medium of dark sunglasses. I have eyes like a chameleon, and can swivel them to almost impossible angles to track some precocious sluttage, whilst my head remains largely static.

I notice you're doing that when you're five rows in front of me, gawping at the pretty red-haired thing 10 seats over and three rows back ... :ohmy:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I notice you're doing that when you're five rows in front of me, gawping at the pretty red-haired thing 10 seats over and three rows back ... :ohmy:

Absolulely. And she can't keep her eyes off of me either, specially when I'm in my poncho and waterproof golf trousers.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
When you are proud of your shed.

And the older you are, the tidier your shed gets.

At first I thought that was some kind of euphemism :ohmy:

Anyway...

-when you realise you're spending more on your parents' Christmas and birthday presents when they are on yours

-when you get asked for ID when buying alcohol in a shop and it brightens up your entire day

-when you listen to Radio 1 and think "what is this SHIT?"

Hove Lagoonery

Dec 16, 2008
....you approach a couple of girls outside the pub after closing and they ask "are you the taxi driver?"

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
When I saw my first g/f's first born (post-relationship) daughter, and calculated she was older than said g/f when we split up :ohmy:

Oh, and when elasticated waistband jeans look a tad appealing :dance:

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
From his show, Billy Connolly's advice for men of a certain age:

1. Never walk past a toilet.
2. Never trust a fart.
3. Never waste an erection. Even if you are on your own.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
When there's people younger than you on NSC. :clap2:

Joining this as a 14 y.o, never thought I'd see the day. :yawn:

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
When the barber stops asking you if you would like "something for the weekend" (for the younger ones on here that was polite talk for do you want a packet of condoms), and starts asking if you'd like your eyebrows trimmed.

:nono:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
When the barber stops asking you if you would like "something for the weekend" (for the younger ones on here that was polite talk for do you want a packet of condoms)

Are you SURE about that ? ???
If thats actually true, its genuinely news to me.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven

Absolulely. And she can't keep her eyes off of me either, specially when I'm in my poncho and waterproof golf trousers.

:thumbsup:

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
You're quite pleased this will be an NSC thread with some good old fashioned humour without the young'uns ruining it with their tittle tattle.

Also when you say you remember songs the first time round when your kids say they like the cover version. Of course the original was better!

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
When the barber stops asking you if you would like "something for the weekend" (for the younger ones on here that was polite talk for do you want a packet of condoms), and starts asking if you'd like your eyebrows trimmed.

:nono:

Are you SURE about that ? ???
If thats actually true, its genuinely news to me.

Perhaps we should have a poll, has this genuinely happened to anyone, certainly has not happened to me, well it has once but the barber was talking about some gel/wax stuff for me to use, cant believe he thought that would be taking precaution.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Also when you say you remember songs the first time round when your kids say they like the cover version. Of course the original was better!

What's worse is when the kids like the cover version of the cover version and you can still remember the original.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here