Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

You know Jesus got stoned to death on the cross yeah?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
don't quite know how it would work, on a cross.
I suppose you'd have to have a 3-pin plug thrust into your foot, instead of standing on one.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Really attractive naked ladies being thrown at me. Just enough contact to be tempting, not enough contact to be fun.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
I hate to have a variety of seafood thrown at me. The crabs and lobsters would pinch, the mussels and clams would hurt and actual fish would slap your skin and be all slimey.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I would hate to be washed to death. So, i suppose i would most dislike to be on a cross and have washerwoman thrown at me who then scrubbed my face with spit and leather. or leathery hands.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
VHS tapes would really hurt if you were caught by one of the sharp edges. Especially a heavy 4 hour tape.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Oh yeah, they are just every day bunch of keys. For example on my keyring I have a heavy chubb key, a yale key, two small drawer keys and a flappy plastic thing. This is standard I would say.

Instead of a flappy plastic thing, I have a METAL Seagulls badge on my keyring. The wings of the seagull stick out a little from the edge of the main badge and if this caught you in the worng place, would REALLY HURT.

Good thread Chappers - these things NEED clarifying

:clap2:

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
Uncle Spielberg said:
Even by your poor standards Chappers, this thread is absolute shite. :jester:

I disagree. Perfectly reasonable thread.

I wouldn't like hardback books thrown at me. All those paper cuts and sharp corners!

Ex-Staffs Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Adelaide, SA
Which would be worse ?

A)
AR529-34b.jpg

B) (Without fat arse attatched)
IS252-014.jpg

C)
key2.jpg

D)
o_rourke_jason_bunch_of_keys.jpg

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
there was a film in the 70's called something like The Sandpipers, with Steve McQueen. He was a sailor in the China wars and his colleague was captuted by the Chinese, hoised on a pole and all the chinese inividually cut him with knives ( I think it is called Death by a thousand Cuts) He ended up shooting him using a sniper rifle.

Superb film but very violent

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
You know Jesus got stoned to death on the cross yeah?

Errr, no.

How did you ever come up with this strange idea? Stoning people on a cross might have been welcomed by the victim as a merciful release. Death on a cross was typically the result of slow suffocation due to the way you were fixed to the cross, usually over a couple of days. If you still showed no signs of dying, your legs might then get broken to hurry things along a bit.

But no stoning.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Re: Re: You know Jesus got stoned to death on the cross yeah?

Juan Albion said:
Errr, no.

How did you ever come up with this strange idea? Stoning people on a cross might have been welcomed by the victim as a merciful release. Death on a cross was typically the result of slow suffocation due to the way you were fixed to the cross, usually over a couple of days. If you still showed no signs of dying, your legs might then get broken to hurry things along a bit.

But no stoning.

I think he's getting different scenes in Life Of Brian mixed up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here