Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

You gotta laugh haven't you?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
El Presidente said:
Palace beat us fair and square, whining about the referee, tactics or Dowie makes us sound like a bunch of little girls.

I watched the matched in a pub with some Palace fans. When we scored we went mental, when they scored they went mental. At the end we said our goodbyes and that was the end of it.

A draw was probably a fair result but Palace took their chances and the result will stand so take it on the chin compadres.

Well said EP. Naturally I am f-ing GUTTED to have lost in the last minute to Palace, but it was a cracking game, and, IMHO, a draw would have been a fair result.

I'm actually more pissed off about losing anyway regardless of who it was against. We really need to start getting some wins together if we are to have any hope of staying up.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
bhaexpress said:
Don't think there can be too many complaints about the result. Palace edged it because they have a bit more class, not hard given our finances mind you. Hart did deserve to go off and I thought the Ref was okay. Mind you, Leon was a bit lucky with his penalty which was a rather stipid one to start with.

Careful Mush. That's bordering on the f***ing treasonous.

eagles #1

May 7, 2004
London
rogue said:
If thats the best Palace can offer then i can assure you now they will be playing in this league again next year.
Dont worry, it's not. We've been missing our best player for the last 2 months in AJ. We're missing Danny Granville who is our best left back, he hasnt played all season and we've had to do with the God awful Borrowdale. We're missing Aki, who was very good for us last season in the Premiership as well as a few others. So no we're no where near full strength or playing to our capability. I really think when AJ is back to full fitness you will see the real Palace :)

(Still managed to beat you :))

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
You beat us today, we beat you at your place. Honours even.
But we kept a clean sheet.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Don't blame you Palace guys for gloating!

We did last month. I was there. Great night!

Just out of interest. Were any of you at the match today?

(there were a few seats free)

Last edited:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
3-3 on aggregate - Palace win on away goals...

I'd much rather win one, lose one regardless of the scorelines since 3 points in our position is far better than 2 points for 2 draws and staying undefeated against Palace. It just hurts because we were so close to 4 points. Thems the breaks though...

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Bozza said:
3-3 on aggregate - Palace win on away goals...

I'd much rather win one, lose one regardless of the scorelines since 3 points in our position is far better than 2 points for 2 draws and staying undefeated against Palace. It just hurts because we were so close to 4 points. Thems the breaks though...

agreed Bozz. These things happen. I thought up until OGH's sending off that we could win it, then I thought a draw will do, we were holding out but shit happens! I remember doing the same to Stoke (94th Minute - Paul Watson) a few years ago at our place!

eagles #1 said:
Dont worry, it's not. We've been missing our best player for the last 2 months in AJ. We're missing Danny Granville who is our best left back, he hasnt played all season and we've had to do with the God awful Borrowdale. We're missing Aki, who was very good for us last season in the Premiership as well as a few others. So no we're no where near full strength or playing to our capability. I really think when AJ is back to full fitness you will see the real Palace :)

(Still managed to beat you :))

And we took more than 3,000 and you were about 200 down on a 900-ticket allocation. But I'm sure you all enjoyed the game sitting in your armchairs before watching the Middlesbro match :)

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here