Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

You cant blame russell for that

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Not playing Dicker

Agreed.

A manager who doesn't have the ability to know a good player when he has one, doesn't fill me with much hope for him.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
The ref was finicky but got the main decisions right.

The ref was not consistent. Hawkins conceded a penalty and was sent off for shirt pulling-at the other end earlier in the game a Stockport defender (don't know which one) was guilty of the exact same offence, twice, yet got away with it. Both of which were possible penalties.

I'm not blaming the ref for the defeat but his inconsistency certainly had an influence on it. That's what fans get pissed off over more than anything.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
is'nt it ironic you nick half their team and they stuff you:annoyed:

Yes it is............a pity though , that 2 of the 4 players we had from them didn't actually start the game.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Agreed.

A manager who doesn't have the ability to know a good player when he has one, doesn't fill me with much hope for him.

Whatever you say about Slade by not playing Dicker earlier says a lot about his managerial abilties or lack of them.
Dicker looked a class apart from Crofts and Navarro when he came on and makes you wonder who signed him or wanted to sign him.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Whatever you say about Slade by not playing Dicker earlier says a lot about his managerial abilties or lack of them.
Dicker looked a class apart from Crofts and Navarro when he came on and makes you wonder who signed him or wanted to sign him.

I,ve queried this before. Others say that Slade signed him, but I thought he came in on loan just before Slade was appointed "short term manager". I thought it was a "done-deal" at that time,with DK,that he would sign permanently after the season ended...?

Maybe Slade just doesn't like him...?

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
I,ve queried this before. Others say that Slade signed him, but I thought he came in on loan just before Slade was appointed "short term manager". I thought it was a "done-deal" at that time,with DK,that he would sign permanently after the season ended...?

Maybe Slade just doesn't like him...?

Must be something why he is playing scufflers like Navarro and Croft instead of someone who has genuine class in this division.

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
I think at 3-2 down bringing off a striker for a third defensive-ish midfielder is too negative, even with 9 men.

Not much you can really do with 9 men you are talking damage limitation with the hope of nabbing something off a set piece, 3-3-2 just gets you stretched, overrun and outnumbered in defence and midfield, 3-4-1 at least gives some parity in midfield and puts the onus on the opposition's defence to push up to make the numbers which Stockport's did not really do. As I said above part of the decision was probably based on his age, the 9 men have to double their work effort in the last third of the game just to keep parity, it makes much better sense to get younger and fresher legs on than older and tiring ones.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here