Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

You cant blame russell for that

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Slade picked the ineffective midfield duo, repeatedly, over the excellent Gary Dicker. Today Stockport passed through us and waltzed past us with ease, because Crofts and Navarro weren't able to stop them. Our defence sat too deep and looked disorganised, particularly the fullbacks were poor although Slade didn't have much choice there.
Slade brought Hawkins on for Cox, he brought off Forster (though at least Dicker got on at last), two terrible subs. They lost us the game as much as the incorrect dismissal of Elphick.

I'm not saying Slade out, but he needs to sort it out. You can make excuses but we have been poor so far.

RSBLUEANDWHITEARMY

Aug 5, 2009
North Stand
People on this fcuking board are a discrace and should not even be worthy of wearing the mighty blue and white stripes!!
i bet most people having a go at Slade didnt even go to the game!
sacking a manager after keeping a team up that looked doomed to go down after 4 games should not even be thought of!
the only decision the ref got right today was the sending off of the Stockport player as in the build up to Hawkins sending off the player was standing about a full yard off side

jonesie

Feb 19, 2009
People on this fcuking board are a discrace and should not even be worthy of wearing the mighty blue and white stripes!!
sacking a manager after keeping a team up that looked doomed to go down after 4 games should not even be thought of!
the only decision the ref got right today was the sending off of the Stockport player as in the build up to Hawkins sending off the player was standing about a full yard off side

Im on the fence about RS. Yes he kept us up last year, a feat in itself however

- Lone striker in game against Walsall..... at home.............!!!

- He played El-adb left back Tuesday night, for the whole game!!!! when all there could see he was hopelessly out of his depth.

- Dicker, player of the last few games last season, not a sniff of a game till to late today ????

A good manager doesnt make these basic errors.

RS you are your own downfall if you go.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Im on the fence about RS. Yes he kept us up last year, a feat in itself however

- Lone striker in game against Walsall..... at home.............!!!

When our other strikers were not fit enough to play a full game.

- He played El-adb left back Tuesday night, for the whole game!!!! when all there could see he was hopelessly out of his depth.

One of the more experienced defenders working with virgo and elphick. Once he clearly couldn't handle it, we were at a point where we needed to be frugal with our substitions, having lost one to replace kuipers.

- Dicker, player of the last few games last season, not a sniff of a game till to late today ????

Can't explain that one.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
2 mistakes cost us he game to day. The second challenge by Elphick was worthy ofa red card on its own as you are not permitted to tackle from behind.

When he was sent off RS should have told Virgo Tunnicliffe Whing to squeeze in and play 3 across the back and then brought Dicker on to sit just in front of them as our midfield was allowing their forwards too much room by dropping off so needed to push up 5 yds or so.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Slade picked the ineffective midfield duo, repeatedly, over the excellent Gary Dicker. Today Stockport passed through us and waltzed past us with ease, because Crofts and Navarro weren't able to stop them. Our defence sat too deep and looked disorganised, particularly the fullbacks were poor although Slade didn't have much choice there.
Slade brought Hawkins on for Cox, he brought off Forster (though at least Dicker got on at last), two terrible subs. They lost us the game as much as the incorrect dismissal of Elphick.

I'm not saying Slade out, but he needs to sort it out. You can make excuses but we have been poor so far.

Thats a decent assessment, although Hawkins for Cox was (without the benefit of hindsight) the right move at the time after Elf had got his marching orders.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Easy 10;30906 although Hawkins for Cox was (without the benefit of hindsight) the right move at the time after Elf had got his marching orders.[/QUOTE said:
Disagree with that, as said in my last post we were giving them too much room in front of our back 4 so when Elphick went he should have brought on Dicker to sit in front of the back 3 to restrict the room and give them some protection. We didnt need 4 at the back then but to close down the midfield.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Disagree with that, as said in my last post we were giving them too much room in front of our back 4 so when Elphick went he should have brought on Dicker to sit in front of the back 3 to restrict the room and give them some protection. We didnt need 4 at the back then but to close down the midfield.

We don't need Slade or Wise.
Bensgrandad for manager!

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905

I thought both were the correct substitutions to make. Are you seriously saying that when we went down to 9 men we should have left on a 36 year old to chase round and do the work of 2 men?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I thought both were the correct substitutions to make. Are you seriously saying that when we went down to 9 men we should have left on a 36 year old to chase round and do the work of 2 men?
I'm saying nothing of the sort, no.

Thats a decent assessment, although Hawkins for Cox was (without the benefit of hindsight) the right move at the time after Elf had got his marching orders.
I disagree, and not with hindsight. Though he's not very good, El-Abd remains a better defender than Hawkins, but I'd have been quite happy for us to play three centrehalves.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

I suggest specsavers young men the player was a least 5 yards on side, Dickinson, I believe the player was, was standing by the corner flag at the time playing everyone on side. Both penalties were correct, the three sending offs correct. The ref was finicky but got the main decisions right.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here