Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

You are the Judge...

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
When the thread started though I thought the outcome was going to be something ludicrous that no one would guess. It's a bit like me saying "guess what I did when I got home from work last night"

*Leaves one day*

I had dinner and watched telly

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Frankly I feel even that would be something of an anti-climax, TLO.

Really? When I was told the story, I thought it incredible that a woman is being hindered in starting a new job and a new life with her son by the fact that there is someone else who has a lot of money, and who wants nothing to do with the woman, but everything to do with her (not his) son. How can someone who is not the parent have claims on a child over and above someone who is?

It's probably just the way I tell the story.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Really? When I was told the story, I thought it incredible that a woman is being hindered in starting a new job and a new life with her son by the fact that there is someone else who has a lot of money, and who wants nothing to do with the woman, but everything to do with her (not his) son. How can someone who is not the parent have claims on a child over and above someone who is?
I agree. It is a strange judgement.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London

Well I'm with you TLO, at least. I think that's a bit wierd.

:)

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
It would be great if the woman moves away and refuses access, so man B gets custody................then woman rekindles love for man A. So woman and man A (the biological parents) have no child, but pay maintenance, and man B has child.........Brilliant...!

tedebear

Legal Alien
NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer

How bizarre - it is incredible - was the judge trying to "create" a Dad for this poor kid? Be interesting to hear/read his judgement to see if there are any clues as to his reasoning...

To be honest I did ponder that that was what the judgement would be...

The answer...

Man B has been granted access rights, and the woman has a court order banning her from moving away from the area with her child. There is no judgement regarding Man A.

That's not dissimilar to my judgement.

It's interesting that the biological father has no obligations placed upon him. I think most people would assume that the law would require him to "accept his responsibilities". In this case, it hasn't.

And - on the facts of the case - quite right too. In my opinion.

It would be great if the woman moves away and refuses access, so man B gets custody................then woman rekindles love for man A. So woman and man A (the biological parents) have no child, but pay maintenance, and man B has child.........Brilliant...!
And - quite plainly - this is the outcome that would be "in the best interests of the child".

Which is how the law SHOULD work.

Living with a biological parent who doesn't want to look after the child's interests is hardly the basis for a good life.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Living with a biological parent who doesn't want to look after the child's interests is hardly the basis for a good life.

completely agree. On a wider point, what's best for any child is to grow up in an environment where they are loved and cherished. Gay, lesbian, mormon, single parent whatever. f***ing pisses me right off when my fellow Tories get on their high horses about heterosexual relationships within a marriage being best for a child.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
That will almost certainly be challenged as it infringes her human rights !!

Quick get Cherie on the case !!

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Interestingly, the wishes of the child do not come into play here, as he is considered too young. If the child was older (not sure how much older he has to be before the law states his opinion can be taken into conisderation), it's possible he may have chosen differently.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Interestingly, the wishes of the child do not come into play here, as he is considered too young. If the child was older (not sure how much older he has to be before the law states his opinion can be taken into conisderation), it's possible he may have chosen differently.
But why would he considering that he has never met Man A, and considers Man B to be his father

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here