Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

You are not a bigger club

Wilts

Jul 5, 2003
Bournemouth/Reading
Locky said:
Its impossible to tell how many we will get when the New Stadium opens, but My bet is it will be a lot higher than the 12,594 Reading got for last weeks home game.

Do you mean crowds when the stadium opens? Or 6 years down the line like us? Of course at the beginning you'll get nice big crowds. We had 18,000 against Luton and 21,000 against Man City in Division Two that year... but much worse crowds against poor teams. When Falmer first opens you'll all being loving it!

You're right about the fact that you cannot tell. I'll give you a sitation. The club is in a bit of freefall having lost 4 in 5, the opposition is shit, they also only brought 500 fans, you have no manager. I'd bet that BHA would get about the same. Again, what's the point in me "betting" as its a nothing bet because we'll not ever be able to find an exact-scenario comparison.

Take the average as a better stat if you want one. 16,011 last season. Probably about 17,000 this season unless we're suddenly flying at the top in which case the fickle brigade (as I'm sure you'll find with Falmer) will come out of the closet as they always do for the big games. We fill the entire 24,000 when we're doing well, so we could do that every week in the Prem and hopefully more with a bit more success.

Only takes a glance at the attendances of Charlton, Middlesbrough, Blackburn, and even Newcastle to see how smaller clubs can become big clubs with a bit of investment.

jeremy beadles hand

Jul 31, 2003
Hangleton
I'M NOT EVEN GOING TO GO THERE BECAUSE YOUR PROBABLY JUST SOME 14 YEAR OLD SPOTTY PRICK WITH NOTHING BETTER TO DO IN HIS BREAK TIMES THAN TRY AND WIND UP SOME BRIGHTON FANS.

YOU LAIRY LITTLE PRICK
:salute: :salute: :salute:

nutter

Jul 6, 2003
Brighton
Royal, I hate to say it because it always comes up but 'potentially' we are a much bigger club due to the fact that there are no other clubs around us to compete with.It's nice in Brighton - seaside resort and all.Great fans who don't just turn up when things are going well etc.Sadly the same can't be said for Reading.I have evidence because my uncle lives 5 mins away from your ground.You wait in a couple of years time when you get relegated and see your crowds dwindle!You can't even fill your stadium for a div one game.Bigger club.I don't think so!Just 'cos we don't have a ground yet.Never kick a man while he's down.Catch my drift.:cool:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
FACT: if the Biggest Tosser of Reading's Soggy Biscuitmen hadn't got involved on an egowhim, there's no doubt in my mind at least that Reading would still be in its ever-customary somewhere-above-Torquay/somewhere-below-Sheffield United position.

Try talking to a Reading fan about their club without them talking about the stadium within 20 seconds. Try asking them what they used to do on Saturday afternoons before the Majeski era and you can wait about as long before their conversation turns to shopping malls, golf, bowlplexes etc.

And kids, the moral of the story is this: you cannot buy class - Majeski and his little toy football club prove that every day.

And having lots of money to build a nice shed does not all of a sudden make a "Big Football Club", any more than being forcefully evicted from your ground makes you a small one.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
Brovian said:
Chris Cattlin once said that Southampton could become a big club but Brighton could become a great club. I really don't care who is 'bigger' I just want to do my bit to make Cattlin's statement come true.

Posting.We mustn't forget this.
NOW LETS GET ON WITH IT

Mr Popkins

Jul 8, 2003
LIVING IN SIN
just to put monkey boy Dwayne straight about boro thinking we are a big club.

the crowd for us was over 10,000,
the crowd last season at the same stage in the cup against northampton was about 5000.

the ticket prices were £10 for BOTH games!

we are still regarded by people who know something about football as a bigish club,

plastic premiershite fans dont have a clue, !!

Last edited:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
"biggest club" arguments are just pointless. Everyone outside of Brighton will state Reading are the bigger club because they are in Div 1, with a nice stadium and crowds of 16,000 or so. It's a no brainer!

Maybe one day we'll sort the stadium out and then we'll see, but for now we just look a touch sad arguing about potential.

Concentrate on something worthwhile. Like e-mailing Reading to tell John Madejski what an utter tosser he is, or how we hope their season collapses around their ears and all their players develop foot and mouth and have to be destroyed. Etc.

theweasel

Aug 27, 2003
Eastbourne
Royal said:
We will have h back thanks, for the rest of your team they would not get in our reserves

"H" is lucky to not to be in our reserves .Your more of a twat than we all think you are already if you seriously think he's a decent player !!!
Plus seem to remember our "reserves" beating you to a title , or am i wrong ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here