Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

You are not a bigger club

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
The Laughing Bluebird said:
I'm not sure what Reading's average attendance is this season (or what ours is to be honest!), but I would say that currently the two clubs are about on a par.

We are certainly a bigger club in historical terms than Reading (as are the Albion), and I believe we also have the greater long-term potential (as do the Albion), but I reckon that as things stand Cardiff and Reading are very similar-sized clubs.

Are you the same LB that used to think Cardiff were potentially as big as MAN U? You have subdued.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Cheshire Dolphin said:
Hang on a minute:

By the same man who just said:

We all know how much football has changed in the last 10-15 years. You cannot compare then and now, and like you just said, history is the past. The local interest is there, and the demand for tickets is there, if we had been sable to fit them in over the last few years, we'd have had triple our gate.

It really is impossible to tell.

I've gone on the past because that's the only thing u can go really isn't it??

This argument has been done to death on NSC, but I still maintain that we wouldn't get an average of more than 16,000 in the 1st or 2nd division.

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Captain Sensible said:
Are you the same LB that used to think Cardiff were potentially as big as MAN U? You have subdued.

You're evidently thinking of somebody else. I don't reckon we'll ever be as big as Man Utd's reserves, never mind their first team.....

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Dwayne ever see those "scores from twenty years ago" in the Weekend papers. 1983 october.
Chelsea about 15000, Leicester 7900, Liverpool 29000, Newcastle 21000. All Division One.

Different game 10 or 20 years ago.

Last edited:

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Blue&WhiteSea said:
So tickets for a game in the cup against a team 2 divisions below you aren't normally reduced then.

Explain us vs Forest Green.

Oh and It's a f***ing long way away not that you would know don't remember seeing you there.

I don't get your point??

My point was that boro got 10,000 rather than there normal 4-5000 against Brighton, not becasue Brighton are considered a big team but beacuse there were were reduced prices on offer. I wasn't making any reference to travelling fans!!??

dwayne said:
I don't get your point??

My point was that boro got 10,000 rather than there normal 4-5000 against Brighton, not becasue Brighton are considered a big team but beacuse there were were reduced prices on offer. I wasn't making any reference to travelling fans!!??

Yes, but as I pointed out, that's what Boro fans SAID THEMSELVES. Surely that carries some wait? Why would they lie?

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
...Remeber after the game

"gallant Brighton"
"you've done your club proud"

and all that patronising tosh, they were just trying to be nice is my guess, and I presume u only spoke to 4 or 5 of the 10 thousand or so.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Captain Sensible said:
For me being a bigger club is judged on how many fans a club has. With More fans, eventually comes more money better players and stadium. Brighton are a Bigger club than Reading because we have more fans. Only a 10th of them can get into withdean so it is like having a porsche with a speed resricted to 50mph. Arsenal is a bigger club than Sunderland, even though Sunderland get bigger gates (in the Premiership). More fans. Bigger Club.

As i wrote earlier Bluey

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
It seems that the 'size' of a club is to be judged soley on the size of their ground, which makes Brighton one of the smallest clubs in the league!! That just makes me even prouder of all that we've achieved down the years. I'd hate to support a 'big' club that has achieved sweet F.A!!!

:lolol:

Last edited:

Royal

Oct 4, 2003
Swallowfield
Cheshire Dolphin said:
Far be it from me to bounce such an inane thread... but Royal, do your research, learn your history and get a grip you ignorant fool!

SOUR GRAPES COPPELLS LEAVING

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here