Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Yorkie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beach Hut said:
Matter of opinion, Yorkies choice so thread closed.

Nothing more to discuss

Probably the most sensible thing you've ever said.

With the greatest of respect to Yorkie, she made a decision to stop posting on NSC so that should be the end of the matter. No need to drag the subject on, blaming and counter-blaming.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Safeway said:

With the greatest of respect to Yorkie, she made a decision to stop posting on NSC so that should be the end of the matter. No need to drag the subject on, blaming and counter-blaming.

Well its akin to the on going Leon Knight/Michel Kuipers debates isn't it ? Call if Off Season Pre World Cup blues.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Safeway said:

You are just so nice when you are sensible :blush:

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
yorkie was a nsc legend. same the idiots on here got the better of her. if thats the case.

Chopper West

Dec 9, 2004
It's ok, she is on NSP now if you want to hear from her:jester:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
graz126 said:
yorkie was a nsc legend. same the idiots on here got the better of her. if thats the case.

From what I can gather it was because some people were mocking her strong religious convictions which is partly why not everybody is that sympathetic.

Its hard to say whether that is right or wrong isn't it ? Its similar to Looney and his ilk's right wing views in many ways. Most people deride them as we think they're ridiculous but many feel the same about religion.

Shouldn't really get mentioned maybe.

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
religion, politics etc i dont bother with any of them but at the same time truley believe that people should believe in whatever they think makes them feel better.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
It did become a witch hunt, but these things can easily be avoided by putting people on ignore. You shouldn't have to do it, but....

I do miss Yorkie. One less positive person about the place.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
graz126 said:
religion, politics etc i dont bother with any of them but at the same time truley believe that people should believe in whatever they think makes them feel better.

True enough but its a question of knowing when to draw the line. Personally I have no real issues with relgion ever if I'm an atheist but some people hold God up for ridicule, rightly or wrongly.

The point is that some people love Jesus as much as their own children and insulting their beliefs is very hurtful. Frankly I consider it a bit childish too.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
graz126 said:

I know what you mean, I truly believe that one night Andrea Corr is going to turn up on my doorstep and beg me to leave the wife and we will set up a love nest on a small tropical island.

That always makes me feel better.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
BarrelofFun said:
It did become a witch hunt, but these things can easily be avoided by putting people on ignore. You shouldn't have to do it, but....

I do miss Yorkie. One less positive person about the place.

Yes, you're right there.

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
munster monch said:
I know what you mean, I truly believe that one night Andrea Corr is going to turn up on my doorstep and beg me to leave the wife and we will set up a love nest on a small tropical island.

That always makes me feel better.

keep wishing. you never know. :)

BarrelofFun said:
Who else, Lord B?

Is NSC falling by the wayside??
As Safeway says, people make their own decisions.

Sometimes it's because they object to being called names.

More often, it's because they object to having to read threads where name-calling takes over from discussion.

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
She left because not only on NSC were they doing this,but in public people were knocking her and her beliefs.She did the right thing in not returning,these people are just stupid,and have forced out one of our very best,positive and insightful members.I was lucky enough to meet Yorkie at the REMF game before she left and she was delight to talk to.WE'LL MISS YOU YORKIE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here