Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Yippee! Day off because of snow.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Which one has the bad weather moved Worthing or Brighton as it was always said to be 10 miles from Worthing to Brighton.

He goes the pretty way.

Even a dusting of snow in Zummerzet. We're approaching "The Day After Tomorrow."

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
We're closed but teachers have put up work on the web for us to do. NOT MINE THOUGH!!!

Might ring up work and see if they need an extra shift. Its either phone up work or a snowball fight. To be honest work is an hour walk away without the snow... Snowball fight on the Neville Rec sounds far more attractive.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Don't worry everyone.
I listened to the 'local' BBC news earlier this morning and they said, heavy snow in Hampshire , Dorset & Isle of Wight.
We must be OK then?

Revilop

All aboard the Gus bus!
Jul 13, 2010
Worthing, West Sussex
Which one has the bad weather moved Worthing or Brighton as it was always said to be 10 miles from Worthing to Brighton.

Technically, town centre to town centre it's roughly 13 miles, however i work slightly past Brighton, and slightly the wong side of worthing! Bad snow in both!

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Yep, I work in Haywards Heath so no chance.

I live in Haywards Heath. No chance of getting out. Fortunately I have VPN access to work. Already been in one conference meeting.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Is BHASVIC definitely open - i've just kicked my son out the door to walk there and i may feel a little guilty if he rings me in an hour to tell me it'e closed :lolol:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
We're closed but teachers have put up work on the web for us to do. NOT MINE THOUGH!!!

Might ring up work and see if they need an extra shift. Its either phone up work or a snowball fight. To be honest work is an hour walk away without the snow... Snowball fight on the Neville Rec sounds far more attractive.

what you are at school? We would never have guessed

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
I was going to try, but Brighton buses arent running, and Southern trains have suspended all services untli at least 10am. Debating whether to actually bother trying to catch my flight tomorrow too now. Booooo

Seen some Brighton & Hove buses running Church Road this morning, looks like they've learnt some lessons from last year. Well done Mr French. The best one though was about 7.00am when a full bus with not in service on the board slowly trudged past....It was full of not very happy looking bus drivers. Can just see it now, bus driver wakes up, opens curtains and thinks great, day off. Rings in to say he cant make it with the response being "don't worry we'll come and get you".

If useful to anyone the coastliner bus service Number 700 are running a skeleton service between Brighton & Portsmouth

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Is BHASVIC definitely open - i've just kicked my son out the door to walk there and i may feel a little guilty if he rings me in an hour to tell me it'e closed :lolol:

BHASVIC is indeed closed. Apparantly they're absolutely shocking at dealing with the snow. They'll say there open but one of my friends got there and some guy just said "no lessons today, you can stay to study though"...

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

He's just got home - oops

Last night i was a hero when i took them out for dinner and theatre in town and managed to drive to within 200 yards of home before abandoning the car. Hero to zero in under 12 hours - the fickle ways of the 21st century

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
our next door neighbour is in her 80's - she just knocked on the door to ask if we needed any milk as she is walking down to the shops - bless!

cjwoolven

Jun 4, 2008
BHASVIC is indeed closed. Apparantly they're absolutely shocking at dealing with the snow. They'll say there open but one of my friends got there and some guy just said "no lessons today, you can stay to study though"...

BHASVIC really is shocking. last year when the snow came they had no clue. Asked everyone to come in, then the snow got worse, buses stopped running and then told everyone to go home. :facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here