Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Yet people still complain!

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
Thats what concerned me most. If you'd asked someone who didn't know "which of these teams is 7th and which is next to bottom" they would probably have given the wrong answer.

but ask them which team went home with ALL the points?????

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
Thats what concerned me most. If you'd asked someone who didn't know "which of these teams is 7th and which is next to bottom" they would probably have given the wrong answer.
But how many times over the years have we said that when we have been the lower of the two teams, we've battered the 'better' team and lost to a late sucker punch? Usually at Withdean, in the pouring rain? OK, we've not played well for the last few matches but we've still got 4 wins out of 5. How lucky do you have to keep being for it still to just be 'lucky' and not something else?

amexee

Jun 19, 2011
haywards heath
Is it wrong of me to complain about people setting up threads complaining about people complaining, or do I have a genuine complaint?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think the division has something to do with that.
Even more so than usual, I think this season, this division will be the closest top to bottom.
Strong teams came up, very weak teams got relegated, and the prem teams aren't running away with it.

Forest aren't going to get relegated, to be honest relegation is as likely to be settled in the dodgy boardrooms than on the pitch.

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
You're ranting because you're being very short sighted. We played a match yesterday, which we won with almost complete luck. We are 6th, and now that the emotion of the game has died down a little bit, you can reflect. But in the hours just after the match, you are going to air opinions on what you've just seen. What do you expect? After watching a match, I feel the need to comment on it and yesterday it wasn't all positives.

Not talking about the match, but looking at the league table it is easy to say everything is beautiful, it's a wonderful life. But straight after a match? Come on, be realistic in your expectations.

All that said, we're f***ing brilliant. :bowdown:

Really good post, this. I'll never forget seeing the reaction of some (Brighton-based, I might add) Man U fans after their mauling at the hands of Man City. They were all falling over themselves to praise City and how brilliant they were. Could not bring themselves to criticise the dreadful performance of their own team, citing their success over the last 20 years in a reaction against people who did. Now if we lost 6-1 at home to Southampton or West Ham, the overwhelming feeling for me straight after the game would be absolute fury at the sheer ineptitude of my own side, rather than the performance of the opposition (least of all the local rivals). I'm not too sure where I'm going this one, but in my opinion, getting pissed off after a defeat, no matter your club's current circumstances, is a pretty natural reaction in my mind. To the starter of the thread - I do agree moaning after any victory is, however, slightly foolish.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I'll never forget seeing the reaction of some ... Man U fans after their mauling at the hands of Man City. ... Now if we lost 6-1 at home to Southampton or West Ham,

oh dear. Someone might be posting about the idea of southampton or west ham be the comparable rival of brighton as man city is to man utd. Palace are the only team that count. Some people seemingly wouldn't mid if we lost every game 6-1 as long as we beat palace...

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
oh dear. Someone might be posting about the idea of southampton or west ham be the comparable rival of brighton as man city is to man utd. Palace are the only team that count. Some people seemingly wouldn't mid if we lost every game 6-1 as long as we beat palace...

Actually I was referring to those two as teams that are noticeably better than us, as Man City are than Man U at the moment. I'm sure Mancs would be similarly insulted by the insinuation that City, rather than Liverpool, are their rivals. But I suppose if you would prefer I could say Palace are better than us too? No?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Actually I was referring to those two as teams that are noticeably better than us, as Man City are than Man U at the moment. I'm sure Mancs would be similarly insulted by the insinuation that City, rather than Liverpool, are their rivals. But I suppose if you would prefer I could say Palace are better than us too? No?

It's not me. I assumed it was to do with comparing the top team in the division, but there seems to be some posters who sniff out any mention of southampton and rush to make it clear that Palace are our rivals.

I think most man utd fans are aware it's possible to have more than one heated rivalry with one club, especially the manchester based utd fans.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here