Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Yet people still complain!

Oct 6, 2010
You're ranting because you're being very short sighted. We played a match yesterday, which we won with almost complete luck. We are 6th, and now that the emotion of the game has died down a little bit, you can reflect. But in the hours just after the match, you are going to air opinions on what you've just seen. What do you expect? After watching a match, I feel the need to comment on it and yesterday it wasn't all positives.

Not talking about the match, but looking at the league table it is easy to say everything is beautiful, it's a wonderful life. But straight after a match? Come on, be realistic in your expectations.

All that said, we're f***ing brilliant. :bowdown:

I don't understand the need to micro-analyse everything though. Just relax, trust in Gus, and enjoy the ride.
(If you must analyse something, try the current league table)

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Dear OP. You are right, and don't let them get to you. We are amongst the 90% of people who understand where we are as a club, understand what Gus is trying to do and are enjoying ourselves. The other 10% are the prats all over this board when we lose, draw, or fail to smash into oblivion any other club in this division (the one in which we have finished higher than 22nd just once in the past 20 seasons).

Its a shame that following the official match thread has gone from being fun to akin to having your teeth pulled out, but I guess these people just feel the desperate need to express their frustrations whenever they can, or as they call it, 'fishing'

tubaman

Nov 2, 2009
I am convinced that some people enjoy being miserable. My advice to them is 'keep it to yourself'.

Bhafc11

Nov 24, 2011
100% with you. To be where we are is brilliant. compared to previous years before gus, all teams have flukey wins and bad spells and to still be where we are is brilliant.
Never complained.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I had to endure a chicken balti pie today as the steak and ale pie had sold out at the little kiosk. Quite honestly I thought my afternoon was ruined until WB popped up and struck the winner after that I thought hey ho life aint too bad.

Think yourself lucky mate. I ordered 2 chicken balti pies and got given two pies without comment, took them back up to my saet, gave one to a mate, and we eagerly laid into them to get gob fulls of f***ing VEGETARIAN PIES !!!!!!!!!!!

Not really a major moan up, but come on, just how frigging hard can it be to give a customer the flavour of pie he actually asks for?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Was it luck or the fact that we produced the one moment of good football in an otherwise poor game? Either way you need moments like that through the season just as we did last season, We might have been champions but there was still games where we played poorly but still sneaked the result.

Think Forest might argue that that wasn't the only moment of good football. They created at least two very good chances that they failed to capitalise on.

Dear OP. You are right, and don't let them get to you. We are amongst the 90% of people who understand where we are as a club, understand what Gus is trying to do and are enjoying ourselves. The other 10% are the prats all over this board when we lose, draw, or fail to smash into oblivion any other club in this division (the one in which we have finished higher than 22nd just once in the past 20 seasons).

Its a shame that following the official match thread has gone from being fun to akin to having your teeth pulled out, but I guess these people just feel the desperate need to express their frustrations whenever they can, or as they call it, 'fishing'

You sir are a prat of the highest order. We played absolute shit yesterday. Too many players couldn't control the ball with their first touch. When we got into the opponents half very soon after the ball was back at Ankergren who hoofed it up towards Paynter and CMS, neither of whom could really deal with that. There was no imagination, no creativity and probably, until KLL came on, no threat. You might be happy and be satisfied watching games like that but I suspect that is not how Gus wants to win. With a fit squad we will play better but we need to deal with teams that close us down and that isn't happening yet.

For those of you that think winning is the only important thing, I suggest you check what happened to the support when we had our best ever season but played overly defensive football.

I don't for one minute believe that Gus is a win at all costs manager. Yes, we'll take the three points but there is a lot of work to do.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I haven't read any threads about yesterday's game, but NSC is a place to discuss BHA and you couldn't really say anything about yesterday's game without saying that we were pretty shit.

That doesn't mean you're not happy with our league position, our stadium, our manager, the direction of the club, beating Forest etc etc.

It just means you attended the game yesterday. Even Poyet said it in his post match interview.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I haven't read any threads about yesterday's game, but NSC is a place to discuss BHA and you couldn't really say anything about yesterday's game without saying that we were pretty shit.

That doesn't mean you're not happy with our league position, our stadium, our manager, the direction of the club, beating Forest etc etc.

It just means you attended the game yesterday. Even Poyet said it in his post match interview.

Common sense comments like that probably aren't welcome on here!!!!!

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
I am pleased to note that there are others who understand that our present position in the table is not the full story,we should have been beaten on both the last two home games and our luck cannot hold out for too long.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
You sir are a prat of the highest order. We played absolute shit yesterday. Too many players couldn't control the ball with their first touch. When we got into the opponents half very soon after the ball was back at Ankergren who hoofed it up towards Paynter and CMS, neither of whom could really deal with that. There was no imagination, no creativity and probably, until KLL came on, no threat. You might be happy and be satisfied watching games like that but I suspect that is not how Gus wants to win. With a fit squad we will play better but we need to deal with teams that close us down and that isn't happening yet.

For those of you that think winning is the only important thing, I suggest you check what happened to the support when we had our best ever season but played overly defensive football.

I don't for one minute believe that Gus is a win at all costs manager. Yes, we'll take the three points but there is a lot of work to do.

why don't you read what i say before you start insulting me? Never said we played well, never said gus should be satisfied and this was the finished article, quite the opposite in fact. All i said was i was enjoying the season and can't understand anyone getting upset about it.

ArcticBlue

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex Inlander
Think yourself lucky mate. I ordered 2 chicken balti pies and got given two pies without comment, took them back up to my saet, gave one to a mate, and we eagerly laid into them to get gob fulls of f***ing VEGETARIAN PIES !!!!!!!!!!!

Not really a major moan up, but come on, just how frigging hard can it be to give a customer the flavour of pie he actually asks for?

Quite a shocking incident. Terrible lack of quality control.

Cpt. Spavil

Mar 9, 2008
We are 6th yes 6th thats 6th in the Championship. We have one of the best stadiums in the country, one of THE best managers and some great YOUNG players...........

YET people are complaining we played badly, the programme is rubbish etc, etc. WAKE THE F@&K up people Poyet has worked miracles and there is SO MUCH more to come.

Just wanted to rant. Hate the idiots moaning. Up the Albion!!!

so true we are playing the best football that I have seen us play ok i know the last few games it hasnt been pretty but we are getting results and we are 5th

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I am convinced that some people enjoy being miserable. My advice to them is 'keep it to yourself'.

This is in fact true-the world is full of them.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
why don't you read what i say before you start insulting me? Never said we played well, never said gus should be satisfied and this was the finished article, quite the opposite in fact. All i said was i was enjoying the season and can't understand anyone getting upset about it.

With due respect you were insulting an alleged 10% who had the audacity to point out that we played crap as if we should be grateful for where we are and just sit there with an inane grin on our face the whole time. Yeah there are a very small minority that whinge about the smallest thing and I have no time for them but there are others that have complained or, more appropriately, raised issues, and the club have taken them on board. Maybe we should all just sit there and keep the inane grin. I wonder whether we would have a club if that was all supporters were supposed to do.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here