Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Yesterday's Argus Q&A regarding Lua Lua......and Hoskins?!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
From yesterday's Argus Q&A;

1:13 [Comment From Ooshka the BooshkaOoshka the Booshka: ]
Have you heard any whispers regarding Lualua returning to Brighton? Also, how good was Will Hoskins on Saturday! Another player who needs 'watching' surely?

1:14 Funny you should ask. See Thursday's paper in both cases. Cannot really say more until then.
====

I know, I know. Naylor knows nothing etc, but this could be interesting. Anyone heard anything about us possibly looking at Hoskins?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Good question that. It must have come from an extremely intelligent, and devilishly handsome contributor. :wink:

Probably.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Bloody good he was on Saturday, anyone scoring 21 goals (inc. last nights at Rochdale) so far this season, playing for a team in dire danger of going down, must have something going for him.

His last few goals have been scored as a left winger too, not from starting as a striker which is his favoured role.

Have a look at Will Hoskins Mr.Poyet, you could do a lot worse.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I know, I know. Naylor knows nothing etc, but this could be interesting. Anyone heard anything about us possibly looking at Hoskins?

That's actually bollocks though isn't it! Naylor knows f*** sight more than everyone on here 99.9% of the time, even the club arse lickers even though they won't admit it.

Hating Naylor seems to be a sport on here.....not really sure why? He's only a journo doing his job. No doubt this will be sensationalism shift a few more papers but that is what he's paid to do.

JBizzleBeard

Jan 23, 2007
Brighton
That's actually bollocks though isn't it! Naylor knows f*** sight more than everyone on here 99.9% of the time, even the club arse lickers even though they won't admit it.

Hating Naylor seems to be a sport on here.....not really sure why? He's only a journo doing his job. No doubt this will be sensationalism shift a few more papers but that is what he's paid to do.
:bigwave: Hello Andy, you don't need to resort to the 'standard' NSC language my friend ;)

TS90

Jan 26, 2011
Will Hoskins fired my Brighton side to promotion on FM08. Then again, Shane McFaul was half decent on that one so we can't take it too seriously.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi

Its not what you know its what you show - I think it is harder for sports writers to get scoops as clubs want to drive subscribers to the official club website by announcing signings through it. I also get the feeling that Naylor is told that if he breaks unofficial stories he will be completely out of the loop. I may be wrong but I can't remember the Argus breaking an Albion story for years

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Bloody good he was on Saturday, anyone scoring 21 goals (inc. last nights at Rochdale) so far this season, playing for a team in dire danger of going down, must have something going for him.

His last few goals have been scored as a left winger too, not from starting as a striker which is his favoured role.

Have a look at Will Hoskins Mr.Poyet, you could do a lot worse.

18 goals :wink:

Could have signed him for free in the summer!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I suspect all that Naylor is going to do is make comparisons between Craig Noone (played well against us and became a target as a result) and Will Hoskins (played well against us and might become a target). The role he plays currently for Bristol is similar to Barnes when he plays on the left side in a 3 man attack although he doesn't chase back as effectively. Before Penney came he scored most of his goals as an out-and-out striker so he can clearly play both roles. Is he better or different to what we have? I don't have an answer to that and I'm pretty certain that Naylor doesn't either.

Last edited:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

I completely agree. He called the Arismendi loan signing MONTHS and MONTHS before it happened. He leaves little hints all the time in his Q&A's and they often come to something.

At the same time, Naylor refuses to admit that occasionally, NSC will beat The Argus to an exclusive. He could just admit it, nothing wrong with it.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I don't think Naylor has a very high opinion of NSC from the little things he says about it. I think the 'you get all your information from NSC' remarks he sometimes gets rankles with him. To be honest, having looked at the coverage other teams get from their local papers, I think we don't realise how lucky we are with the Argus. I don't think the Stoke thing helps his cause either with some fans.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Hoskins IN Holroyd OUT ?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I don't think Naylor has a very high opinion of NSC from the little things he says about it. I think the 'you get all your information from NSC' remarks he sometimes gets rankles with him. To be honest, having looked at the coverage other teams get from their local papers, I think we don't realise how lucky we are with the Argus. I don't think the Stoke thing helps his cause either with some fans.

I think Naylor is pretty good and I genuinely don't understand why he cops the flak that he does. OK, he's never going to be remembered as one of the greats but he's better than most local reporters. And he's far, far better than dear old John Vinicombe who scarcely varied the formula in 15 years. I also suspect that he knows a lot more than he prints, most journalists have information that they can't use for one reason or another.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The last striker we signed from Bristol Rovers didnt do too badly and as Gwylan says Andy Naylor is far far better than John Vinnicombe ever was. He used to say something in September and then about 3 different versions during the season and come May highlight an article where he had said something that had been proved right.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
I really struggle to understand why Rovers would loan Hoskins to us (they can't sell him), as he is their only hope of avoiding relegation. Rovers are the ultimate one man team, and it would be suicide to get rid of that man. Next season, I could understand, but not now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here