Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Yesterday's Argus Q&A regarding Lua Lua......and Hoskins?!

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I really struggle to understand why Rovers would loan Hoskins to us (they can't sell him), as he is their only hope of avoiding relegation. Rovers are the ultimate one man team, and it would be suicide to get rid of that man. Next season, I could understand, but not now.

I agree with what you say, but wouldn't he command a better fee now, ie; loan with a view to purchase for 'x' amount in the summer? Rather than they sell him as a League Two based club (assuming they go down) I'm not sure how financially stable they are so it may not even enter their plans to do that.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Having read todays Argus, the article just says Hoskins performance against us might make Gus think he would be a good player if he played for us. Comparing him to Craig Noone's performance for Plymouth and we went on to sign him

Wow, what a scoop from Naylor!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I suspect all that Naylor is going to do is make comparisons between Craig Noone (played well against us and became a target as a result) and Will Hoskins (played well against us and might become a target). Is he better or different to what we have? I don't have an answer to that and I'm pretty certain that Naylor doesn't either.

Shouldn't really quote myself and I think I must have been reading the Argus for too many years but.................................................... :)

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Pardew did also say he is some way off playing for anybody yet but he will give him his chance at Newcastle which is understandable with a new manager who wants to look at all of his players before letting them go out on loan.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
To be honest Newcastle are short of scoring options and are in pretty dire straits so they'd be a bit stupid not to give LuaLua a few games when he's fit.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Apologies if this thread got anyone's hopes up about anything, ever.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here